Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

wishes for the future 5 months 21 hours ago #61207

• ADAM S3V
  • ADAM S3V's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Here is my wish list, which will probably be ignored by the devteam again ;-)

Wishes:
- Clipping VU meter OR clipping indicator - for input as well as for output
- it would be nice if 0 dB was really the maximum volume without clipping - RME gets it right, you don't ;-) To which value do you refer to dB? dB without a reference makes no sense
- Bass management
- Debug mode or simply a display for source input sample rate
- let the customer decide whether to upsample to 96KHz or not
- Auto Power On Mode
- Dirac preset switch change optimization:
Why does the preset switch when I am currently using e.g. preset1 as the active Dirac preset, still switch when I select preset1 again? This doesn't make sense and doesn't protect the "mute" relay ;-).
You could check if e.g. Preset1 is currently active and then not switch at all when activating Preset1 again. 

Of course you always just forward everything to the development team - maybe the developers just write something sensible here.

Thanks for listening. :-)
Tim
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rusev

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ADAM S3V. Reason: Topic change

wünsche für die Zukunft <3 5 months 17 hours ago #61212

• notman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Despite the merit of these suggestions, don’t get your hopes up that anyone is listening. It’s pretty insane that for all its bells and whistles, the SHD doesn’t give us a clear clipping indicator either in the software or via a light on the front of the hardware (watching the software meters doesn’t count), especially since there is a whole layer of Dirac filtering that is in play. I’m also mystified why they don’t tell us the input bit and sample rates, to say nothing of stuff like implementing or even acknowledging the existence of Dirac Live Bass Management or Tidal Connect. 

One thing, on resampling: this has come up previously and that is 100% required for the DSP and Dirac process. It’s too intensive to come up with a system that worked for every sample rate people would want to use. That’s why everything must be converted up or down to 24/96 so that the filters work correctly across the board. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rusev

wünsche für die Zukunft <3 5 months 16 hours ago #61214

• ADAM S3V

Despite the merit of these suggestions, don’t get your hopes up that anyone is listening. It’s pretty insane that for all its bells and whistles, the SHD doesn’t give us a clear clipping indicator either in the software or via a light on the front of the hardware (watching the software meters doesn’t count), especially since there is a whole layer of Dirac filtering that is in play. I’m also mystified why they don’t tell us the input bit and sample rates, to say nothing of stuff like implementing or even acknowledging the existence of Dirac Live Bass Management or Tidal Connect. 

One thing, on resampling: this has come up previously and that is 100% required for the DSP and Dirac process. It’s too intensive to come up with a system that worked for every sample rate people would want to use. That’s why everything must be converted up or down to 24/96 so that the filters work correctly across the board.

Yes strange policy. It's just a shame that they don't respond to customer requests here. After all, it is supposed to be professional not to answer. In China this may be professional, in Germany definitely not!!! 😜

There I rather let my RME ADI 2 PRO before up/downsamplen the sample rate to 96 Khz. There is at least documented in the manual, what exactly happens with the incoming and especially the outgoing signal. 

wünsche für die Zukunft <3 5 months 16 hours ago #61218

• notman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 45
I’ve lost count of the times I’ve seen people feel ignored and disrespected by miniDSP on this forum, and their reputation elsewhere isn’t any better. I can’t believe they continue behaving like they do, but they will never change while Tony Rouget is in charge.

wünsche für die Zukunft <3 5 months 15 hours ago #61221

• ADAM S3V
Oh, the only thing that helps is to post on social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Even the biggest company reacts within a very short time. If you want to do it this way, okay. You can do it, but in my opinion it's really only the last Option. 😜

wünsche für die Zukunft <3 5 months 13 hours ago #61224

• asx77
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 109
Have you tried emailing your ideas to minidsp? They respond to emails. This is a community forum after all. 
Warning: Just because I'm a 'Platinum' member, doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about... It just means I've asked too many questions!!

wünsche für die Zukunft <3 5 months 12 hours ago #61225

• ADAM S3V

Have you tried emailing your ideas to minidsp? They respond to emails. This is a community forum after all.

I have now written these wishes again as a ticket to the support. It may be that this is only a community forum, but even in the suggestions section is not really read by the development. And if you were not so limited, then you would implement customer requests and ideas and could boost sales quite a bit more. 
; -) 

• Page:
Moderators: devteam