Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SHD - saved Dirac Live EQ presets only come out at 48 kHz? & digital cables 10 months 8 hours ago #59165

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 484

Hi Ultrasonic or anyone else with a quick answer!  :-)

Many thanks for your answers. I tried numerous times to reply and kept getting flagged. So keeping this super simple without links to other sites. I just put a couple new posts about sub integration with main speakers and hoping someone could point me to a good video that clearly shows an accurate method for measuring proper phase and time alignment between 2 speakers and a subwoofer. 

I saw one video that explained an auto time alignment feature in REW. Has anyone had good results using the auto time alignment feature of REW? It seems quite different than the methods explained in the articles explained  in the miniDSP website to integrate and balance 2 speakers with a sub.

thanks in advance! Carlos

I've not got the time for a long reply right now (I have a job interview next week I should be doing some work for) but here's a quick response... I've not experimented with the new feature in REW to comment on it and I'm afraid I also don't know a really good description of what to do that I can link to. Below is a previous attempt I made on another forum to explain what I do myself but it's far from perfect and I do keep meaning to find the time to produce a clearer worked example including graphs. The new feature in REW may make it unnecessary though so I'll check this out first!

www.avforums.com/threads/measuring-timin...35931/#post-27207877
The following user(s) said Thank You: CarlosdelJunco

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SHD - saved Dirac Live EQ presets only come out at 48 kHz? & digital cables 10 months 7 hours ago #59166

• CarlosdelJunco
  • CarlosdelJunco's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks Ultrasonic for coming in...so much to learn on my end. Got my SHD today but still waiting for the UMIK-1 mic to arrive.

Speaking of which, would there be any advantage, maybe in terms of accuracy of low end information reading (bigger capsule) - using the UMIK-2 mic over the UMIK-1?

SHD - saved Dirac Live EQ presets only come out at 48 kHz? & digital cables 10 months 7 hours ago #59167

• CarlosdelJunco
Also, every time I've tried to either copy a URL link into any mindsp community forum (or using the tabbed hyper link for a highlighted word in the post) my response or new post gets flagged as spam. How do you include URL links in your posts and get around this?

SHD - saved Dirac Live EQ presets only come out at 48 kHz? & digital cables 9 months 4 weeks ago #59170

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 484

Also, every time I've tried to either copy a URL link into any mindsp community forum (or using the tabbed hyper link for a highlighted word in the post) my response or new post gets flagged as spam. How do you include URL links in your posts and get around this?

I don't do anything special. I expect you can't post links due to either how long you have been a member of the forum or how many posts you have made. Recently there had been quite a few people joining up just to post spam links so I think a change has been made to prevent this.

SHD - saved Dirac Live EQ presets only come out at 48 kHz? & digital cables 9 months 4 weeks ago #59172

• altsouza
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi Carlos,
I would go with the following setup:
Roon > iFi Zen stream roon end point > usb to Shd > Shd direct to power amps and sub.
You can use a raspberry Pi4 instead of the ifi zen stream, for budget reasons also.

SHD - saved Dirac Live EQ presets only come out at 48 kHz? & digital cables 9 months 4 weeks ago #59173

• CarlosdelJunco
thanks Ultrasonic,

Frustrating to say the least not being able to share links.

Good luck with your job interview next week.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ultrasonic

• Page:
Moderators: devteam