Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Volumio version 5 months 3 weeks ago #58688

• albert18361
  • albert18361's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,

does shd series now support volumio 3.0? Any plan to support that in future? Is the volumio version updatable? Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: eyesofra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Volumio version 5 months 3 weeks ago #58692

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1381
@ albert18361

It doesn't support Volumio 3.0 and I'm afraid that we don't share timelines for future updates. We're always pushing them to the best we can. We just came out of a MAJOR update when we release Roon and latest kernel. Volumio 3 is also going through some early dev so let's go step by step to have something stable first. ;-)

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Volumio version 5 months 3 weeks ago #58720

• albert18361
Thanks for the prompt reply. Which version of volumio is being supported now? Is tidal connect supported? Thanks…

Volumio version 5 months 2 weeks ago #58751

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 420

Thanks for the prompt reply. Which version of volumio is being supported now? Is tidal connect supported? Thanks…

Tidal Connect is not currently supported. If you're serious about sound quality I would personally encourage you to use Qobuz instead of Tidal though, due to the limitations caused by the use of MQA. 

@DevTeam may share more details but for info. the SHD series uses its own specific versions of Volumio. The current one is Version 1.111 but I assume its an implementation of Volumio 2 (given the SHD was released in 2018 and Volumio 2 was released in 2015).

Last edit: by Ultrasonic.

Volumio version 5 months 2 weeks ago #58818

• albert18361
Qobuz isn’t available in my country… I personally am not a hi res nerd… Support for tidal connect is more of a convenience consideration..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ultrasonic

• Page:
Moderators: devteam