Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Volume up on remote changes input. 1 year 9 months ago #54011

• notman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 45
I just opened a ticket for myself and included a link to this thread. They’re going on New Year holiday so we won’t hear back until after.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Volume up on remote changes input. 1 year 9 months ago #54062

• jtavan
  • Thank you received: 0
I put a ticket in months ago about this - hit "Volume Up" and then some other button and it acts like "Volume Up". MiniDSP support replaced my remote, but the problem persists with any remote, and I agree it's likely in the IR receiver decoding circuitry, which is a bummer because that's probably a lot harder to fix. I would love to hear that they've come up with a solution, because I knew it couldn't just be happening to me...

Volume up on remote changes input. 1 year 9 months ago #54118

• klabam
I also have this issue and it is very annoying. I just have the SHD but thinking of returning it because of this issue. Switching on / off, easy input selection and smootless attenuation is a minimum requirement for a pre-amp.

Also other issues (stand-by beep and a very noisy analog output when playing hi-res) made me think my unit was faulty however reading this forum made me conclude that this could be poor manufacturing.

Last edit: by klabam.

Volume up on remote changes input. 1 year 9 months ago #54152

• notman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Everyone with this remote issue need to open a ticket with miniDSP to report it . I know @jtavan says he already has, but the rest of you need to do so as well. Please explain what you’re experiencing with the remote.

@ASNagra really gets to the main point for me: “ The remote seems sticky. Sometimes the last accepted function gets repeated no matter what key i press on the remote.”

I reported this last week, explaining my problem, including a link to this thread, and asking specifically if they are aware of the issue. I hoped to hear something along the lines of “we know what you’re talking about and we’re on it.”

Instead, they did not answer whether they are aware of the problem, and said they tried to recreate the problem but couldn’t and aren’t able to do any investigation without confirmation of the problem. That’s understandable, but only to a degree since it also suggests we’re all somehow delusional or don’t know how a remote should function.

They asked some follow up questions and asked me to capture a video if I could. I’ve answered the questions but a video will be harder since it’s an unpredictable problem. Please try to do so yourselves and include that in your ticket. Thanks.

Volume up on remote changes input. 1 year 9 months ago #54178

• jtavan
I have renewed my ticket on this subject, and the MiniDSP DevTeam were very quick to respond back. They have apparently tried to reproduce this on multiple units without success, but it happens here on mine over 90% of the time. I can certainly provide a video demonstration if my text one is insufficient.

Volume up on remote changes input. 1 year 9 months ago #54200

• notman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Yes, please do! They still have never seen the problem in action from a customer. They asked me again today to send a video so I’ll work on it, but it sounds like you have it happen much more often if you say 90%. I would say it happens to me most listening sessions, but unpredictably.

Edit to add video:

Well, that was easy. Please see these three examples, including the final one which is when volume down becomes volume up. Obviously I’m sending this to miniDSP as well.

vimeo.com/514531442

(Sorry for link, couldn’t get embed to work)

Last edit: by notman.

Volume up on remote changes input. 1 year 9 months ago #54425

• notman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Help is on the way. I submitted my video documentation to miniDSP last week and they already have me testing out a beta firmware patch. The beta firmware solves the problem and proves this was never about the remote itself. I assume they’ll release it soon but they haven’t said anything to me directly about that.

Remember: if you have an issue, report it here but don’t forget to open a ticket too. The conversation here was very helpful for me to identify that it wasn’t just my unit or remote, but only an open ticket and video evidence got them to take it seriously and look into it.

I also have to say George at Deer Creek Audio (only US dealer for the SHD) is a class act and I’m very happy to have purchased from him instead of miniDSP direct. He supports his customers and helped get miniDSP going on this as well. I’d recommend him to anyone in the US. Even though his pricing is a bit above buying direct (but factor in customs/duties and all your hardware support going to/from HK vs Colorado) he easily makes up for it in after-sale support. Great dude.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ultrasonic, entripy, EdHowarth, ASNagra

Volume up on remote changes input. 1 year 9 months ago #54426

• Tw99
  • Thank you received: 10
Good to hear there's a possible fix. I've fortunately only experienced the issue once in 4 months of ownership, and that was with a Logitech remote.

Volume up on remote changes input. 1 year 9 months ago #54477

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1430
Dear All

Good news is that we were indeed able to reproduce the issue related to timing (i.e. pressing the IR at a specific time of the OLED display). We've now issued a firmware build (v1.28) to solve this issue under the user downloads section.

Have a look and feel free to create a support ticket if you have any questions.

Lots of exciting new features are coming up the coming weeks we hope.. Stay tuned. :-)

Devteam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juoigâ, RichB, entripy, EdHowarth, gbr

Volume up on remote changes input. 1 year 9 months ago #54495

• ASNagra
Excellent work. The advice on opening ticket is spot on.

Volume up on remote changes input. 1 year 9 months ago #54496

• ASNagra
The firmware fix seems to work. I have tried the supplied and Harmony remotes and lots of commands and tracking to user intent/key press is excellent! Fingers crossed that the issue is resolved permanently. thanks Dev team.

Also excited to see what the new feature announcements are :-)

Volume up on remote changes input. 1 year 8 months ago #54882

• umu24013
With the new v.1.29 firmware I'm having the exact same issue with repeating the last command on the remote . Should I revert back to v.1.28?

Volume up on remote changes input. 1 year 8 months ago #54884

• notman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

With the new v.1.29 firmware I'm having the exact same issue with repeating the last command on the remote . Should I revert back to v.1.28?

If you are having this problem again please please please open a ticket with miniDSP. If you can make a video of it happening please do so and share it with them.

I haven’t spent enough time on 1.29 yo know if it’s back for me.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam