Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC:

SHD Series 3 years 4 weeks ago #38130

• DNM
  • Thank you received: 6
I had the same problem, 16 bit audio only streamed from Roon and white noise for 24bit.

Unfortunately Volumio crashed after a while playing via Roon and now it wont restart and connect to my network. I initially had problems getting the streamer to connect to my network and allow me to login to the UI and via SSH. After a lot of turning off/on and resets I seemed to get it woking fine so decided to install Roon. My predicament therefore may not have been caused by installing Roon but due to some other underlying issue. I've emailed support so hope to have a response soon.

Other than that, the audio performance is first class.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris3g

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

SHD Series 3 years 4 weeks ago #38131

• chris3g
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks for the confirmation on the hires. I haven’t had any crashing or connectivity issues with mine, so maybe you’re correct that it’s unrelated to RoonBridge.

SHD Series 3 years 4 weeks ago #38134

• mva
  • Thank you received: 0

It is 11W measured at the Power outlet.

Thanks! I assume that is without any activity and it will not drop below that after a period of incactivity?

With the current electricity prices here that's around $35/year, or $350 in 10 years..

So yes, @devteam, a standby functionality would be great ;)

SHD Series 3 years 4 weeks ago #38149

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1291
@chris3g

We're going to take this discussion in a one on one tech support tix to get you out of it but let's make sure we're 100% clear for others.

If you guys start to mess with the onboard ARM, we do assume that you have a very good knowledge of Linux.. The problem of doing modifications (E.g. removing the install we provide, not doing any backup and then not knowing how to get out of it) is that it seriously messes the product . More important., it then start to become very confusing in a thread where it's stated that SHD is a 16bit product!! So please please don't go that path if you don't have extensive knowledge. Thanks for your understanding and appreciating everybody's help here.. A new product is a LOT of tech support for our team so appreciate your patience. Roon will come one day. We just need time.

Thanks a ton.. :-)

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juoigâ, DownUnderGaza

SHD Series 3 years 4 weeks ago #38160

• bobc455
  • Thank you received: 15

- The SHD is actually able to learn any IR so we don't need to add to any database.. You can a)setup harmony to any device e.g. SONY TV b)learn that IR. All set. :-)

DevTeam

That's not quite how it works. The Logictech works in "units", not just buttons - for example a TV, an integrated amp, etc.

So perhaps you will set an activity "I want to watch a movie". It will turn on your blueray, turn on your Amp, set the correct input for the amp, turn on the TV, set the correct input for the TV, and so on. It's not just a matter of pressing the buttons, it also groups those buttons into certain activities.

Without the device being available in Logitech, you can't have presets like "I'm going to watch a movie" or "I'm going to play a videogame" etc. and have the SHD included - because the Logitech doesn't understand how to select the input or configuration. Yes, you can teach the Logitech individual buttons like you suggest, but you can't include those buttons in your activities unless the whole device is set up.

Not a dealbreaker for me, but certainly an attractive feature (or annoying lack of feature) for many consumers.

-Bob C.,

SHD Series 3 years 3 weeks ago #38176

• jamieu
  • Thank you received: 4
Just pick a AV device that you don't have in your rack and yet has similar controls ('Sony HTCT100' worked well for me). Rename the device to "SDH" and rename any individual buttons as needed . Then use the IR codes that are output from your Logitech to 'programme' the IR codes into the SDH.

After that you can just use the (renamed) device like any others when creating activities in the Harmony setup interface.

Probably explained better—with pictures—in this PDF by AustinJerry
www.dropbox.com/s/dl/p9o1xs23uuwiqt6/Pro...Harmony%20Remote.pdf
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

SHD Series 3 years 2 weeks ago #38305

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Jamieu is indeed correct. The app note by AustinJerry is even more details that what we tried to explain above. :-)

DevTeam

SHD Series 3 years 2 weeks ago #38306

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
FYI for those of you interested, we've now posted the SHD studio on our webshop. :-)
www.minidsp.com/products/streaming-hd-series/shd-studio

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

DevTeam

SHD Series 2 years 11 months ago #38664

• Jukka
  • Thank you received: 7
You have hit gold with this series! It has almost everything a stereo listener would hope for!

I have read through the manual and I have a few questions/suggestions remaining.

1. Does the display turn off after a period of no user control? That would be great.

2. Could the display be configured for vertical positioning of SHD Studio? Some of us value desk space and SHD Studio would look cool standing in upright position (with a diy stand/leg)!

Also: my votes for non-Dirac version, bluetooth input and more spdif inputs. In that order.

Last edit: by Jukka.

SHD Series 2 years 11 months ago #38692

• devteam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
@Jukka

Thanks for the feedback and glad to hear that you like the SHD concept. :-)

1. Does the display turn off after a period of no user control? That would be great.
ANS: Sure, that's something we can consider. It's a simple firmware fix. We can think to add in the future.

2. Could the display be configured for vertical positioning of SHD Studio? Some of us value desk space and SHD Studio would look cool standing in upright position (with a diy stand/leg)!
ANS: A bit more specific I think.. ;-) May be wrong but I don't know if our engineering team would be able to redo the whole layout of the LCD. It's quite some work to remodify the whole layout... :-(

DevTeam

SHD Series 2 years 11 months ago #38742

• soares
  • Thank you received: 0

Hi,
A question on something I’m not clear about re: the SHD Studio and the USB port - is it IN or OUT?
As in...
Computer > USB > SHD
Or
Can you do Computer > Ethernet > SHD to do Dirac DSP > USB > External DAC
Thanks

Hi,

I also would be interested to know if I can do Computer (STi5 (linux)>SHD studio>USB> External DAC.
My uRendu just output USB.

Thanks

Moderators: devteam