Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Flex "offline" 10 months 2 weeks ago #62774

• jdubs74
  • jdubs74's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Tried to listen to some music while I did some work.  Flex wasn't passing audio to my DAC (meters were running on the console, lights weren't indicating audio on DAC).  Nothing had changed previously.  Restarted Flex; now it's passing audio but not doing any correction and says "offline" on console.  I click "connect" and nothing at all happens.  Restarted the computer and the Flex multiple times.  The console sees the Flex once it starts up, but when I discover it, it's offline.  What do I need to do to get it back to functional?
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: kumaabear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Flex "offline" 5 months 1 week ago #65277

• kumaabear
  • Thank you received: 0
am having the same issue.

Did you ever manage to get this resolved?

Things I have tried:
1. reboot both PC and Flex
2.reinstall both USB audio driver and MiniDSP Device console
3. different USB cable
4. different usb port
5.Reset device with button on back per support instructions
6.re-flash latest firmware

none of this helped, everything except the device console is working, it seems like a software bug of some kind.

Everything was working great when I used the console a couple of weeks ago.

Last edit: by kumaabear.

Flex "offline" 5 months 1 week ago #65278

• jdubs74
I did; I ended up having to contact MiniDSP and they had to debug it.  I'll see if I can track down the email chain from them.  However, you might have to contact them.

Flex "offline" 5 months 1 week ago #65279

• jdubs74
Here is what they sent me:"That's indeed very odd.. Let's try to see how we can helpa) Can you please confirm that you're still seeing the device fine under the miniDSP UAC2 control panel? b) Can you please send us logs so we can help?  Creating debugging logs for miniDSP Device Console (DC) c) Please confirm that you're running Beta5 now?"

I sent them the logs and here is what they sent me back:"Thanks much for the logs. Very useful indeed! Somehow there is a corrupted file in your system that creates this issue. The way to solve the issue would be to delete the default-status.json from here. a) Close the device consoleb) Browse to this path:   Documents > miniDSP > MiniDSP Device Console > DDRC-24 > SN01988 > device-status.json

Remove the 'device-status.json' file and see if it is back to normal.
 Maybe something else is locking the configuration somehow..   Hoping this info helps and feel free to contact us if you have further questions."
And here was my response to them:

"That did the trick with one caveat… Right after I did that I was able to connect to the flex again, but it returned to the state where I could see the meters moving in the console but it was not passing audio again. I refreshed the DSP firmware, and then the XMOS firmware. It only started passing audio and was fully functional after refreshing the XMOS firmware.  All good now though. Thank you."

Good luck.  I hope you get it sorted!
The following user(s) said Thank You: kumaabear

Flex "offline" 5 months 1 week ago #65280

• kumaabear
Thank you so much for getting this for me.

I already have a ticket open but so far I have not got very far with them other than typical reset it/ try new cable /reinstall drivers level of help.

I think I am going to go ahead and try this also since my issue is so identical to what you had going on.

Flex "offline" 5 months 1 week ago #65283

• kumaabear
yay it fixed it.

thanks very much for the assist.

Flex "offline" 5 months 1 week ago #65284

• jdubs74

yay it fixed it.

thanks very much for the assist.

Awesome!  Glad it worked out!  And this post is here for others with the same problem.

Flex "offline" 3 months 1 week ago #65946

• elinger
I just wanted to say that I've had the same issue with not being able to connect to my MiniDSP Flex via the Console app. I could connect after I had deleted device-status.json.

• Page: