Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Flex - DRAC Program - Speaker as Set 1 month 1 week ago #62539

• penguinpages
  • penguinpages's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
I have an AV room.  I have two "modes" that I need to accomodate in configuration for peace of family and so they have to be "one button" mode selection.  I have the program of IR scripting in place but I need to program my DAC.  I used a MiniDSP 2x4 HD with WI-DG for about a year but moving away from it for a few reasons.  1) I wanted better blue-tooth direct connection /hifi 2) I wanted better DRAC

Flex Preset Modes: (this is how MiniDSP 2x4 HD was setup )
1) Movie mode: Yamaha receiver does 7:2 encoding and control.  In this mode the Flex is mostly just passthrough.  I think all the DRAC configuration will be scanned and then those profiles will be programmed / tuned into the Yamaha EQ and delay for each speaker. 

2) Hifi Music Mode Streight.  No receiver. Direct USB or Bluetooth from play device.  Stereo mode (front R/L).  DRAC configured with pure baseline eq.

3) Hifi Music Mode Streight.  No receiver. Direct USB or Bluetooth from play device.  Stereo mode (front R/L).  DRAC configured harmon cuve overlay eq.

4) Future

Issue is that the DRAC configuration use the software with my umik1 , setups of delays and scans based on listening location, but I need more "intelligence in programing it.  My design uses Tube amp (Dynaco ST-120) and I want to save its load by bumping last octave to the Servo-Sub.   Ex:  Right speaker + Servo Sub = Right side.   And then Left same.  This will mean DRAC will need to handle outputs in "pair" or as likely EQ them.

Flex Ouput
Input
   1 - Yamaha Front R Line level out
   2- Yamaha Front L Line level out
Output
    1 - ST-120 Right -> Tower Full Range - Bottom Octave Removed
    2 - Servo Sub Right -> - Bottom Octave
    3 - ST-120 Left -> Tower Full Range - Bottom Octave Removed
    4 - Servo Sub Right -> - Bottom Octave

Questions
1) Is there some good RTFM on how to use Flex + DRAC and take that output logic and program that into the Yamaha receiver.
2) How can I use DRAC and bind scan and logic where FLEX outputs 1,2 is "Right Front" and then outputs "3,4" are "Left Front"

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: