Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Low S/N ratio 1 month 3 days ago #65302

• Estes
  • Estes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Every Dirac measurement results in the same error.  S/N ratio is too low to be used.  I am using a DDRC-A with the 88-BM plugin.  The system is audio only but uses 4 output channels to power the 2 main speakers and 2 more channels for the subs.  I only use 2 input channels for L and R.  I make certain all sources of room noise are off. As I take the measurement the software stops at all 8 outputs and not just the 4 outputs I am using.  There is always a trace line across my screen.  The unused outputs show a trace line with no modulation.  The outputs in use show significant modulation.

I think the software is listening for a signal on each of the unused outputs and when it doesn't get a signal that lack of output is calculated into the final result.   
I have used very loud volume settings and I constantly get warnings I might damage my speakers.  Does anyone know if this can happen and if so how do I turn off the unused output
signals?  Or perhaps turning off unused channels is done with the inputs. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Low S/N ratio 1 month 2 days ago #65311

• Jeronimusch
  • Thank you received: 5
hi,
I think you have to disable the unused channels in the plugin.
See chapter 3 of the miniDSP Dirac Live User Manual, you would use L+ R + LFE if you use the BM option.
Check your routing and matrix settings as well see the www.minidsp.com/applications/home-theate.../301-ddrc88bm-active 
Hope this helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam