Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC:

Dirac Live volume calibration not working properly? 8 months 1 week ago #59848

• gray
  • Thank you received: 2
CarlosdelJunco , Sorry to hear that. Guess that wasn't the smoking gun I had hoped. Hopefully the developers will understand what's going on. Just to reiterate - I don't get any black bars until I move the speaker volumes up and down a number of times. This isn't how it is supposed to work. Perhaps not many have used the very latest software. I'm getting a new mac mini in the next few days, so will try again and report back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dirac Live volume calibration not working properly? 8 months 1 week ago #59850

• CarlosdelJunco
  • CarlosdelJunco's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Gray, I think we need to be patient with response times as Hong Kong is grappling with a big spike in Covid numbers. Hopefully they are doing ok.

In the meantime, there is lots you should be able to do with REW, yes? Some people get good results from DL and others prefer minimum room correction using only REW. I'm only using REW to correct my two subs and then also manually adjusting frequencies between 80Hz (where my crossover is between subs and mains) and 250Hz in the PEQ section of the SHD plugin for the mains. This has already helped quite a bit.

That said, I am looking forward to seeing what DL can do once it's back up and running!

Last edit: by CarlosdelJunco.

Dirac Live volume calibration not working properly? 8 months 1 week ago #59851

• gray
Yes, of course. I'm grateful they are trying to help. I have paid a significant sum for an SHD, so will wait for Dirac.

Dirac Live volume calibration not working properly? 8 months 5 days ago #59872

• gray
Further update - new m1 mac mini, fresh install. Reflashed the firmware  on the SHD, Redownloaded both the SHD software and the Dirac Live. Still no joy.

The application never asked to use the microphone either and there is no way of adding it manually.

So, Dirac is completely unusable. Let's hope the developers are able to get to the root cause. I realise I will have to be patient.

Last edit: by gray. Reason: typo

Dirac Live volume calibration not working properly? 8 months 5 days ago #59876

• CarlosdelJunco
That does sound frustrating. I'm sure you've been in touch with tech support about this. They did send me a new unofficial beta new SHD  version to try, but I've been too busy to do some more tests with DL at the moment.

To be clear, have you  been able to do any REW tests with the SHD?

Dirac Live volume calibration not working properly? 8 months 5 days ago #59877

• gray
Yes it is! I have a dialogue with tech support and last I heard was five days ago and it was going to be passed onto the developers to investigate. I've updated them, but not had any response so far (understandably). 

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing with REW. I'll look into it if I get a chance though. And no successful sweeps with Dirac at all. 

Cheers.

Dirac Live volume calibration not working properly? 8 months 4 days ago #59885

• vtor
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey everyone,

I am experiencing similar issues, both in Dirac and REW.  macOS Monterey did prompt me to ask for permission in each app.  Although I don't think this is a mac issue. I've tried multiple ports, multiple cables, multiple computers, multiple operating systems... seeing the same thing each time.  Ambient noise is being reported in the -70 dB range.  Considering this is happening to a few of us who potentially bought in the last few weeks, I wonder if there was a bad batch of microphones? These applications are picking up audio, but recorded levels are way below what they actually are.

Last edit: by vtor.

Dirac Live volume calibration not working properly? 8 months 4 days ago #59886

• gray
My SHD is not new and neither is the microphone. Both were purchased separately. I hope we can have an answer soon. I'd like to try the beta software as supplied to  CarlosdelJunco . I wonder if they have already addressed the issue and are working on it?

Dirac Live volume calibration not working properly? 8 months 4 days ago #59897

• CarlosdelJunco
I had no issue in REW levels using a UMIK-1 mic taking measurements in OS Monterey 12.2.

I'm not able to get to try DL tests until my time frees up, hopefully within the next week.

Here's the link for that Beta if you want to try.  Here's the email from tech support:
Hi Carlos

I think that your OSx somehow isn't allowing the microphone to go through Dirac Live at this stage.. 
Please try this build to see if that does the trick.

You do need to uninstall the SHD plugin first before installing this package. 

Hoping this info helps and feel free to contact us if you have further questions. 

Best Regards
miniDSP DevTeam

Since I joined this forum I have not been able to share ANY type of URL link. I just tried and my post was rejected as SPAM (I've reached out to tech support a few times about this since everyone else on this forum seems to be able to share URL links - I'm still unable to do so even thought they said "give it some time" and I should then be able to share URL links. not yet I guess.
 so can't share the link they gave me!  ...I'll try departing parts of the link and see if it works in a different post.

Dirac Live volume calibration not working properly? 8 months 4 days ago #59900

• CarlosdelJunco
Apologies, I just tired different ways of typing the beta  URL link broken up by spaces...a few different ways, each time, my post is rejected as SPAM

Dirac Live volume calibration not working properly? 8 months 4 days ago #59901

• CarlosdelJunco
Ok, trying to take a screenshot of the link and share as an attachment.

Ok, this worked! You will have to very carefully copy the text letter and symbol by symbol upper and lower case - careful, there are a couple capitol "i"s
Attachments:

Last edit: by CarlosdelJunco.

Dirac Live volume calibration not working properly? 8 months 4 days ago #59902

• vtor
I wasn't able to pull the URL.  I get "Sorry, unable to open the file at this time".

EDIT: nevermind, i accidentally input a capital Z instead of a lowercase z.

Last edit: by vtor.

Dirac Live volume calibration not working properly? 8 months 4 days ago #59903

• gray
Amazing! Works perfectly!!! Thank you so much  CarlosdelJunco . Asked for microphone permission and functions as expected. Seems they did know there was an issue after all. Shame I wasn't informed.

tinyurl.com/yc5hefx6 - this is the link for anyone else who needs it.

Last edit: by gray.

Dirac Live volume calibration not working properly? 8 months 4 days ago #59904

• vtor
I misunderstood what this download was.  I thought it was a Dirac Live beta, but its an SHD beta.  I am using my UMIK-1 with Dirac on an Onkyo TX-RZ50 and I get low levels, even though Dirac asks for permission. Anyone else seeing similar issues?

Dirac Live volume calibration not working properly? 8 months 4 days ago #59905

• CarlosdelJunco
gray, are you able to take Dirac Live measurements now - with good dB levels (black register bars traveling up to middle of blue line?) in the Volume Calibration page for both L and R channels (Dirac 1 and Dirac 2)? It was the right channel that I never got a volume registering...

Moderators: devteam