Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Moving DiracLive license from 2x4 HD/DDRC-24 to Flex 3 months 4 weeks ago #58962

• squidbrand
  • squidbrand's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I currently use a DDRC-24 (meaning I have a Dirac license and a UMIK-1) and I am considering the new Flex. However, in my desired setup it would be the Flex going in my main system, which is where I would need Dirac functionality.

I know it's possible to convert a DDRC-24 to a 2x4 HD with a firmware flash, but is there a way to then move my Dirac license to the Flex?

And if I were to switch things up in the future and sell the DDRC-24 hardware so I can make way for dual Flex devices, would there be a way for me to sell it strictly as a 2x4 HD and permanently keep the Dirac license for myself on my main system Flex?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by squidbrand.

Moving DiracLive license from 2x4 HD/DDRC-24 to Flex 3 months 4 weeks ago #58963

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 403

Moving DiracLive license from 2x4 HD/DDRC-24 to Flex 3 months 5 days ago #59532

• denver8me4dinner
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 69
Maybe swap the sharc card that has the license into the flex and upgrade dsp firmware????

DevTeam would have to answer that , I put my money on it works, as I can connect to ddrc24 with flex firmware just fine….
 The flex firmware just allows for the front panel that I can tell…

i don’t know what’s in the flex, I would assume it’s a regular sharc card with no rcas or toslink  header, and Instead plugs for the rear panel….. 
but again only one way to find out 

if you do open your flex can you take a picture of it and post it so we can see

Last edit: by denver8me4dinner.

Moving DiracLive license from 2x4 HD/DDRC-24 to Flex 3 months 5 days ago #59533

• asx77
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 87
@denver8me4dinner
Would that brick the DDRC-24?

@squidbrain
I'd like to say great minds think alike but with a userid of "squidbrain".... Err...!
I asked support the very same thing and was told no, the licence is linked to the hardware. I hadn't come across the link that @Ultrasonic found. 

Warning: Just because I'm a 'Platinum' member, doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about... It just means I've asked too many questions!!

Last edit: by asx77.

Moving DiracLive license from 2x4 HD/DDRC-24 to Flex 3 months 5 days ago #59537

• denver8me4dinner
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 69
I never said anything would brick it , but if your just asking ….. well nothing that I know of…

i “unbricked” my flex today when front panel said DSP FAIL! and I simply just connected and restore dsp. Load defaults and whollah, fixed 

so …. Nothing should brick it, I mean , if your trying to load ddrc22 firmware onto it with the old loader or something silly like that then yeah maybe…. But as long as your within the flex apps (hd and ddrc side) nothing should “brick it” 

• Page:
Moderators: devteam