Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Advice on better house curve? 7 months 3 weeks ago #57166

• Tony_J
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
You're welcome. The format is simple enough and should be self-explanatory. You can insert extra points along the curve if you need to too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Advice on better house curve? 7 months 3 weeks ago #57168

• his047
  • Thank you received: 0
Do you know if this is different on a Mac? (or is the ".targetcurve" stored on the MiniDSP?) 
I do not seem to be able to find it on my Mac 

Advice on better house curve? 7 months 3 weeks ago #57169

• Tony_J
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
No idea about Macs I'm afraid. The .targetcurve file to s stored on the PC so there should be something similar on the Mac. Try searching for the filename without the extension...?

Last edit: by Tony_J.

Advice on better house curve? 7 months 3 weeks ago #57170

• Shimei
  • Thank you received: 9

I have set up my pair of active monitors and an active sub using Dirac 3 on my DDRC-24 and it sounds fine but the bass just seems to weak. I know it measures well but in listening it just sounds thin.

I did use the Dirac house curve, I’d like to “boost” the bass some, but am scared to enter vertexes in the curve and start pushing things around. That seems too random and likely to produce something that might sound better to myself but unpleasant to everyone else.

Anyone have any advice on how to find and utilize house curves that might boost the bass a bit more but have evidence or at least good history of achieving satisfying results for a large number of people.

Just would like to boost the bass some, but do it in a somewhat systematic way rather than haphazardly moving things around as a novice. Any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. My sub is a sealed sub that unfortunately seems to roll off quickly below about 29 Hz but otherwise performs very nicely. My xover is at 80.

Ditch Dirac Live and use REW to measure, create and upload filters. In REW you can load a house curve and create filters accordingly. There'd also be nothing stopping you from using multiple house curves and creating different filters to each house curve depending on the media venue to select from in one of the four config/slots. 
Just my advice!

• Page:
Moderators: devteam