Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Harmony DSP 8x12 Explination of wireing speakers to amp 4 months 2 weeks ago #60754

• beatified
  • beatified's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I would like to wire 6 of my 8 channels in BTL mode and 2 channels (Subs) in PBTL mode.
First of all is this possible? Is it some how dependent on the impedance of the speakers?
And second, The diagram in the manual is confusing to me. It seems illogical in PBTL mode to hook up the positive wire of a speaker to both positive and negative terminals of a channel. In other words it seems odd to me to connect the wires vertically I would think they would be connected horizontally, connecting the positive wire of a speaker to channels 1 and 2 positive terminal and the negative wire of the speaker to channels 1 and 2 negative terminals.

Can some one please help and clarify this for me.
Thanks,
Stuart 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam