Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sound on muted outputs 10 months 2 weeks ago #53424

• mitchwolos
  • Thank you received: 0
Wait. 3-4-5 on the same side? That's insanity. Who's idea was this? I'd like to have a chat with them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Sound on muted outputs 10 months 2 weeks ago #53425

• swrocket
  • Thank you received: 1
Something about the crosstalk between DACs...I'm not an engineer and, TBH, I don't understand it either. But, they know their device and if that's what it takes to get it right, I'm willing to try it.
In my old CDSP 6x8 I didn't have to do that and it's going to be a b***h to wire because the RCAs are designed to go side-by-side...
Open a ticket on the support page and you can communicate by email with them.

Last edit: by swrocket.

Sound on muted outputs 10 months 1 week ago #53480

• Petererc
Fwiw routing is

L input> channels 1(tw), 2(mid), 3(mb)

R input> channels 4,5,6

L+R > channel 7 sub
L *R > channel 8 sub

Almost same config as recommended
And get “crosstalk”,
Recently switched input to optical, tomorrow will be able test and see if anything changed

Sound on muted outputs 10 months 1 week ago #53483

• swrocket
I think what they meant was to separate left and right to the two DACs.
Try putting the right input to channels 7,8 and 9 and move the sub to channel 5 & 6 maybe.

Sound on muted outputs 10 months 1 week ago #53484

• mdsimon2
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 86

Fwiw routing is

L input> channels 1(tw), 2(mid), 3(mb)

R input> channels 4,5,6

L+R > channel 7 sub
L *R > channel 8 sub

Almost same config as recommended
And get “crosstalk”,
Recently switched input to optical, tomorrow will be able test and see if anything changed

The AK4456 DAC used in the CDSP 8X12 V2 is a 6 channel DAC so they must be using 2 separate DAC chips. To me the suggested routing from miniDSP indicates that channels 1-6 are from one DAC chip and channels 7-12 are from the other. As it seems that the crosstalk issues stem from mixing left/right channels on a single DAC chip it makes sense to me that you would have a crosstalk issue.

Either way I am very interested to see if their routing suggestion solves your problem as I have been interested in the CDSP but these issues have scared me away so far.

Michael
The following user(s) said Thank You: mitchwolos

Sound on muted outputs 10 months 1 week ago #53486

• Petererc
I see said the blind man

In mixer
Dirac 1(all left) channel 1(tw), 2(mid), 3(mb) 4(sub), 5(rf)

Dirac 2 (all right) 7,8,9,10,11

That would leave one empty channel on each DAC 6 and 12

I will give that a shot and report back,
The RCA output layout needs to be rethunk if this is the case..
I hope I left enough slop in the RCA cables to make spaghetti . Connecting left tweeter to input 1 and right tweeter to input 7 is a good stretch. Not gonna be happy making new cables,

Sound on muted outputs 10 months 1 week ago #53494

• mitchwolos
I plan on using my 8x12 with an Alpine DSP as an upmixer. L+R+C+Rears.
So, It's possible using all 5 inputs will result in crosstalk?

If crosstalk occurs. Does that mean it's ignoring the crossover settings? Like, Would I have to worry that my tweeters are receiving low frequencies?

Also, That the center would be receiving left and right and rear etc

Sound on muted outputs 10 months 1 week ago #53502

• Petererc
With RCA low level input .

All channels muted, channels 7/8 (sub) have sound

Optical input same config,

no sound any channel

Guessing the digital signal bypasses the DAC?

Using REW SPL meter “A” weighted it is a 13db increase playing test tones. Volume control does not affect the output

Sound on muted outputs 10 months 1 week ago #53504

• swrocket
TBH, I don't know much about the tech part, but my understanding is that the DACs are on the output side of the DSP (RCAs to your amps) so the optical input shouldn't have any effect on that as it is on the input side (ADC) of the DSP...But I'm probably wrong lol.

Last edit: by swrocket.

Sound on muted outputs 10 months 8 hours ago #53910

• ckirocz28
Gonna post this here, maybe it'll help someone, I messaged this to swrocket earlier.
I did have crosstalk, I just never noticed before! Muting channels 9 through 12 stops it, channels 11 and 12 add the most crosstalk, channels 9 and 10 add slightly less (3 or 6 db), channels 7 and 8 add a barely audible amount. The crosstalk is almost unaffected by any eq or crossover settings on the offending (9-12) channels, changing eq or crossover settings changes the crosstalk sound but not in a way consistent with the settings. Muting those 4 outputs at the output, the mixer, or the input stops the crosstalk. I don't know if the crosstalk is output to all channels, I didn't investigate that deeply, I just reconfigured everything to avoid using those channels.
A couple of ideas to avoid this problem, maybe run mids and tweets from those channels so you won't really hear the crosstalk in midbasses or subs (might stiill hear it), or feed those channels with a lowpassed signal that won't be heard in mids or tweets (could be lowpassed with crossover biquads in the input eq). I haven't tried either of these, yet.

Sound on muted outputs 7 months 1 week ago #55243

• squiers007
I just tried this trick as I was getting crosstalk in my mids and it did not solve the problem. I also re-routed everything in the software and moved all my RCA output around so that my L and R are on channels (1-4) and (7-10) respectively (as the Devs suggested) and the problem still exists. Not sure what else to try? Hoping the Devs will jump in again.

Sound on muted outputs 7 months 6 days ago #55257

• swrocket
I was never able to solve this no matter what I tried. Support ghosted me and I'm stuck with a useless DSP...
Both the BitOne.1 and the Helix DSP I tried did NOT have this issue. When I mute with those everything is absolutely silent...
This device is defective!

Sound on muted outputs 5 months 3 weeks ago #55698

• rts100x5
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 38

Hey everyone. Few questions. First I will explain my setup. Source 1 is a iphone to XMOS U8 Asynchronous USB to Coaxial Optical via iphone camera adapter into the optical of the C-DSP 8x12. Also using the U8 from Win10 laptop. In both cases I'm having trouble with audio leaking on the right channel optical input that comes through all outputs. Even when they are muted. It's low but there. Also have been testing the output RCA for clip with a o-scope. I can barely get any voltage to my amps. Around .4v. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, anyone else get insane speaker pops from changing the crossover slope drop downs?
Never change xover without muting channel first ...

• Page:
Moderators: devteam