PWR-ICE2502x250W @ 4Ω or 1 x 500W @ 8Ω DSP plate amplifier, Powered by ICEpower® 250ASX2 module, Ethernet control, FIR + IIR filter
Introducing the PWR-ICE250, a DSP powered plate amplifier module for active 2 way loudspeakers or mono subwoofers. Result of the collaborative effort of two innovative technology companies, the PWR-ICE250 core features include:
- On the processing side is miniDSP's innovative software & firmware allowing a Plug & Play real time control of the onboard DSP over Ethernet/Wifi networks. Using our Zero Conf technology, multiple modules are automatically discovered and controlled from a single User interface in real time. The platform is supported under Mac and Windows environment.The onboard Digital Signal Processors (DSP) provide real time all the processing a speaker designers will expect to excel at his crossover design task. These include FIR + IIR filters, Parametric Equalizers (PEQ), Level, crossovers, comp/limiter, delay and more. The Graphical User Interface (GUI) platform is supported on both Mac and Windows environment.
- On the power amplifier side, the ICEpower® 250ASX2 modules are complete AC plug-to-speaker amplification audio solutions offering flexible two-channel or bridgeable speaker drive. Their compact size, audiophile audio quality and high power output make them perfect for high-performing audio products. The amplifier is rated for up to 2x250W @ 4Ω or 1 x 500W @ 8Ω
As for audio connectivity, the PWR-ICE250 is fitted with both analog balanced (XLR) & unbalanced inputs (RCA) to provide maximum compatibility. A digital input (AES-EBU/SPDIF) saves on the A-D conversion for maximum performance while a Digital output (AES-EBU/SPDIF) allows multiple plate amplifiers to be linked to each other.
NEW! Now available with FIR filter support! Check our the user manual for more details.
- DSP Powered plate amplifier with FIR + IIR filters
- Powered by ICEpower® technology for 2x250W @ 4Ω or 1 x 500W @ 8Ω
- Windows & Mac compatible, IP control over Ethernet/Wifi
- Analog & Digital input
- Multi-unit control via Ethernet
- Perfect fit for 2way active speakers or Subwoofer plate amplifier
What's in the Box?
- 1 x PWR-ICE250 amplifier module
- 1 x CAT5 patch cable
- 1 x IEC power cord
- 4 x black wood screws for mounting
- 1 x Speaker wire harness to connect amplifier to speaker (60cm long)
- 1 x Free plug-in for control (PWR-ICE2)
- PWR-ICE BackBox, a metal back box to enclosure your PWR-ICE unit
|Digital Signal Processor Engine||Fixed point processor|
Internal Processing resolution
28-56 bit / 96kHz
2 in / 2 out
Audio Input Connectivity
2 x Balanced analog input
Audio Output Connectivity
1, speaker output: wire type; 2,
Input / Output Max Levels
IN: Unbalanced 2Vrms / Balanced: 2Vrns
||1 Unbalanced 10KΩ / 2, Balanced 47 KΩ|
|Output Impedance||SE-mode: 3Ω / BTL mode 6Ω|
|Calibration Software||PWR-ICE software|
|Filtering Technology||FIR + IIR|
|DSP Presets||Up to 4 presets|
|Dimensions||267 x 153 x 75 mm|
|Power||AC 110/240V selectable|
|Room EQ Wizard Support||✔|
Application notes on PWR-ICE projects
In this application note, we will show you how to design and build your own DSP-controlled active loudspeaker with the miniDSP ICE-PWR125 DSP plate amplifier. Note that a similar project could be built using the PWR-ICE250 if additional power is required.
In this application note, we will show you how to design and build your own DSP-controlled subwoofer with the miniDSP PWR-ICE125DSP plate amplifier. Note that a similar project could be built with the PWR-ICE250 if added power is required.
John Reekie from Hifizine, the enthusiast's audio webzine, documented an amazing design in the following 2 part articles. This is a prototype speaker dubbed the "Mini Convertible," which uses drivers from Seas of Norway (http://www.seas.no/) and a miniDSP PWR-ICE125 plate amp for amplification and DSP crossover. The prototype has a removable baffle for experimentation with different baffle profiles and cabinet bracing, but the final speaker will have the baffle glued (i.e. no screw holes).