PWR-ICE1252x125W @ 4Ω or 1 x 450W @ 4Ω DSP plate amplifier, Powered by ICEpower® 125ASX2 module, Ethernet control, FIR + IIR filters
Introducing the PWR-ICE125, a DSP powered plate amplifier module for active 2 way loudspeakers or mono subwoofers. Result of the collaborative effort of two innovative technology companies, the PWR-ICEs series key features are:
- On the processing side is miniDSP's innovative software & firmware allowing a Plug & Play real time control of the onboard DSP over Ethernet/Wifi networks. Using our Zero Conf technology, multiple modules are automatically discovered and controlled from a single User interface in real time. The onboard Digital Signal Processors (DSP) provide real time all the processing a speaker designers will expect to excel at his crossover design task. These include FIR and IIR filters (biquad input), Parametric Equalizers (PEQ), level, crossovers, comp/limiter, delay and more. The Graphical User Interface (GUI) platform is supported on both Mac and Windows environment.
- On the power amplifier side, the ICEpower® modules are complete AC plug-to-speaker amplification audio solutions offering flexible two-channel or bridgeable speaker drive. Their compact size, audiophile audio quality and high power output make them perfect for high-performing audio products. The amplifier is rated for up to 2x125W @ 4Ω or 1 x 450W @ 4Ω.
As for audio connectivity, the PWR-ICE125 is fitted with both analog balanced (XLR) & unbalanced inputs (RCA) to provide maximum compatibility. A digital input (AES-EBU) saves on the A-D conversion for maximum performance while a Digital output (AES-EBU) allows multiple plate amplifiers to be linked to each other.
NEW! Now available with FIR filter support! Check our the user manual for more details.
- DSP Powered plate amplifier
- FIR + IIR filter options / Please consult manual for details.
- Powered by ICEpower® technology for 2x125W @ 4Ω or 1 x 450W @ 4Ω
- Windows & Mac IP control
- Analog & Digital input
- Multi-unit control via Ethernet
What's in the Box?
- 1 x PWR-ICE125 amplifier module
- 1 x CAT5 patch cable
- 1 x IEC power cord
- 4 x black wood screws for mounting
- 1 x Speaker wire harness to connect amplifier to speaker (60cm long)
- PWR-ICE BackBox, a metal back box to enclosure your PWR-ICE unit
|Digital Signal Processor Engine||Fixed point processor|
Internal Processing resolution
28-56 bit / 96kHz
2 in / 2 out
Audio Input Connectivity
2 x Balanced analog input
Audio Output Connectivity
1, speaker output: wire type; 2,
Input / Output Max Levels
IN: Unbalanced 2Vrms / Balanced: 2Vrns
||1 Unbalanced: 10K Ω/ 2, Balanced 47 K Ω|
|Output Impedance||SE-mode: 3Ω; BTL mode 6Ω|
|Calibration Software||PWR-ICE software|
|Filtering Technology||FIR + IIR|
|DSP Presets||Up to 4 presets|
|Dimensions||216 x 153 x 75 mm|
|Power||AC 110/240V selectable|
|Room EQ Wizard Support||✔|
Application notes on PWR-ICE projects
In this application note, we will show you how to design and build your own DSP-controlled active loudspeaker with the miniDSP ICE-PWR125 DSP plate amplifier. Note that a similar project could be built using the PWR-ICE250 if additional power is required.
In this application note, we will show you how to design and build your own DSP-controlled subwoofer with the miniDSP PWR-ICE125DSP plate amplifier. Note that a similar project could be built with the PWR-ICE250 if added power is required.
John Reekie from Hifizine, the enthusiast's audio webzine, documented an amazing design in the following 2 part articles. This is a prototype speaker dubbed the "Mini Convertible," which uses drivers from Seas of Norway (http://www.seas.no/) and a miniDSP PWR-ICE125 plate amp for amplification and DSP crossover. The prototype has a removable baffle for experimentation with different baffle profiles and cabinet bracing, but the final speaker will have the baffle glued (i.e. no screw holes).
Got this amp to try out for a new amp design. Paired it with a 12 woofer and used the bridge mode. The software is great, easy to use and simple to learn even for a first time user. Great adaptability in the settings to accommodate most anything I would think.peter
The customer that bought the sub-woofer is very happy and I was very happy with the build quality. It seems to have enough power to push the driver too which was only 85db efficient. I didn't have to change any jumpers to increase gain either. Very nice amp, I will use again on more designs I come up with for sure.
Great little plate amp, could have been even better with easier ways to seal it up rather than having to have it in an external cabinet extension. Have used is several test projects. Many flexible inputs too. Very handy also having variable gain on the unit.Paul Chatfield