miniDSP 2x4 HD kitMiniDSP 2x4 HD kit, a USB DAC+DSP in a low cost package powered by a powerful Sharc 400MHz floating point DSP
Introducing the long-awaited “reboot” of miniDSP’s best-selling 2x4 digital audio processor: the miniDSP 2x4 HD! This tiny powerhouse is jam-packed with miniDSP’s tried and proven audio processing functionality: large FIR banks, flexible parametric EQ, Butterworth and Linkwitz-Riley crossovers, advanced biquad programming, and delay on each output channel. miniDSP’s “one hardware many plugins” concept allows for many interesting future applications!
The upgraded on-board 400 MHz Analog Devices SHARC processor also enables substantial processing upgrades previously available only on more expensive platforms, such as 96 kHz internal processing for true high-resolution audio capability and assignable FIR filter taps for sophisticated equalization, crossover, and room correction capabilities. All to be accessed and programmed with miniDSP’s easy-to-use interface software.
I/O capabilities get an upgrade too, with the addition of USB audio streaming up to 192 kHz and a TOSLINK digital input. The miniDSP 2x4 HD kit will find application in full-sized hifi and home theater systems, on desktops, in cars, in recording studios — anywhere a compact, simple, yet surprisingly powerful DSP audio processor is needed.
- ADSP21489 400MHz Sharc DSP floating point engine
- XMOS Xcore200 for USB control and bidirectional audio streaming
- 24 bit ADC/DAC resolution
- Unbalanced inputs switchable with a jumper between 4Vrms and 2Vrms
- Toslink digital input
- Unbalanced outputs: Max 2Vrms
- USB Audio Class 2 Bidirectional streaming with ASIO drivers, driverless under MAC OSx. }
- Plug&Play USB driver and real time Software configuration using miniDSP plug-ins
- Device does not required a PC once configured
- External single 12V supply
Software plug-in ( to be purchased separately)
- miniDSP 2x4 HD1 plug-in (Please note that the hardware only work with the miniDSP 2x4HD plug-ins, not 2x4 plugins)
What's in the box?
- 1 x MiniDSP 2x4 HD kit, board assembled and ready to use
- 1 x shielded USB cable
- 1 x 12V universal power supply UK/EU/US/AU plugs (90~240VAC)
- miniDC for Car Audio
- Audio RCA Cables
- UMIK-1, unique calibration file mircophone for accurate acoustic measurements
|Digital Signal Processor Engine||Analog Devices Fixed point DSP SHARC
Internal Processing resolution
32 bit / up to 192 kHz
2 in / 4 out
Audio Input Connectivity
Unbalanced analog input, RCA terminated
Audio Output Connectivity
Unbalanced output, RCA terminated
Input / Output Max Levels
IN: 2Vrms / 4Vrms (jumper-selectable)
|Output Impedance||560 Ω|
|Calibration Software||miniDSP 2x4 HD1 plug-in|
|Filtering Technology||FIR + IIR|
|DSP Presets||Up to 4 presets|
|Dimensions||16 x 119 x 93 mm|
|Power||External 12V supply|
|Impulse Response Correction||✘|
|Infrared Remote Learning||✔|
|Room EQ Wizard Support||✔|
Application notes on miniDSP 2x4 HD Kit
In this application note, we will show you how to design an active 2-way loudspeaker with the miniDSP 2x4 HD. Using the 2x4 HD, you can either create a conventional (Linkwitz-Riley or Butterworth) crossover, or a linear phase crossover.
In this application note, we will show you how to integrate a subwoofer with your existing loudspeakers by using a miniDSP 2x4 HD. You can use an existing preamp, or replace a preamp and a DAC with the miniDSP 2x4 HD. (In the latter case, you will need to program a remote control to adjust volume in the miniDSP 2x4 HD.)
In this application note, we show you how to use Room EQ Wizard (REW) and its integration with miniDSP to equalize your subwoofer.