miniDSP 2x4MiniDSP 2x4, a low cost Digital Signal Processor for audio applications. Great sound in a tiny package.
The miniDSP 2x4 in a box is a flexible pocket size DSP processor with 2 x analog IN, 4 x analog OUT. Combined with a plug-in software for programming, one can configure the on board Audio processing filters real time from a PC or Mac environment. Once the board configured, the device operates standalone and doesn't require a computer anymore. For more information on potential applications, please check the application section of our website.
- 28/56bit DSP Engine
- 24 bit ADC/DAC resolution
- 48kHz sampling rate
- Unbalanced inputs switchable with a jumper between 0.9Vrms and 2Vrms
- Unbalanced outputs: Max 0.9Vrms
- Nichicon Muse Audiophile capacitors
- Volume control by potentiometer on 3pin header
- Plug&Play USB driver and real time Software configuration using miniDSP plug-ins
- Device does not required a PC once configured
- USB self powered device and wide range of DC power options (4.5 to 24VDC)
Software plug-in (to be purchased separately)
- miniDSP 2x4 plug-ins (Please note that the hardware only work with the miniDSP 2x4 plug-ins, not 2x4 HD plugins)
Once a plug-in purchased, the download will automatically become available under your UserDownloads section. Please make sure to read the user manual for more details.
What's in the box?
- 1 x MiniDSP 2x4 in an aluminum enclosure
- 1 x shielded USB cable
- RCA audio cable
- UMIK-1, unique calibration file mircophone for accurate acoustic measurements
- miniDC for Car Audio
- A 5~24V DC supply OR a USB supply (e.g. phone charger). Please take the time to read the user manual for more info.
Looking for 10 x more processing power and native USB Audio streaming?
Check out the miniDSP 2x4 HD as an alternative.
|Digital Signal Processor Engine||Analog Devices Fixed point DSP|
Internal Processing resolution
24-56 bit / 48 kHz
2 in / 4 out
Audio Input Connectivity
Unbalanced input, RCA terminated
Audio Output Connectivity
Unbalanced output, RCA terminated
Input / Output Max Levels
IN: 0.9Vrms / 2Vrms (jumper–selectable)
||0.9Vrms position = 8.8 kΩ /2Vrms position = 20 kΩ
|Output Impedance||560 Ω|
|Calibration Software||miniDSP 2x4 plug-ins|
|Power||Powered from USB cable 5 ~24Vdc input via DC 2.1mm round connect
Current requirement: 150mA @5V
|Impulse Response Correction||✘|
|Infrared Remote Learning||✘|
|Room EQ Wizard Support||✔|
Application notes on miniDSP 2x4 Box
In this application note, we will show you how to design an active 2-way loudspeaker. 3-way and 4-way speakers are an extension of the approach described here.
In this application note, we show you how to use miniDSP to properly integrate a subwoofer into your system.
In this application note, we show you how to use Room EQ Wizard (REW) and its integration with miniDSP to equalize your subwoofer.
Outstanding product. Teamed up with the calibration mic and room eq wizard. So easy to use. I bought this unit to calibrate my sub and its made a huge difference improving the flatness of the in room bass response across my seating position. Very happy. Highly recommended for any home theatre enthusiast.Ken Mckay
Extremely good value and quite solidly made.\r\nVery well thought out product that outguns traditional active crossovers and filters for a fraction of the price.\r\nSound quality is very good.Keith Arnold
This is a really easy but very good DSP, and cheap for the matter to. rnrnPros: rn- Easy to use and installrn- A lot of diffrent plug-ins for every buildrn- smallrn- awesome!rnrnCons:rn- To bad i dont have a mic to use the PEQ better.. rnBut nothing so far on the productAndre Eikmeyer