DDRC-22DAll digital Dirac Live® correction DSP with SPDIF/AES-EBU/Toslink interface. Boxed in sturdy metal enclosure.
The Dirac Series of 24/96 high-resolution audio processors with Dirac Live® are designed to fit into an existing system with minimum disruption, yet with the flexibility to allow for new and more cost-effective system configurations. The DDRC-22D interfaces via digital signals — AES-EBU on balanced XLR; coax/SPDIF on RCA, and optical/TOSLINK. The digital input source can be selected via the front panel or remote control, and all digital outputs are simultaneously active. The DDRC-22D can be simply inserted into the digital signal path of an existing system, or the on-board volume control used to simplify system configuration. Examples:
- Between one or more digital sources and a DAC
- Between one or more digital sources and active loudspeakers with digital input
- Anywhere in the digital signal chain
- Processor: 32-bit floating-point Analog Devices SHARC DSP
- Input/ouput resolution: 24 bits
- Maximum input sample rate: 216 kHz
- Internal operating sample rate: 96 kHz
- Output sample rate: 96 kHz
What's in the box?
- Dirac Series 24/96 high-resolution audio processor — DDRC-22D
- Universal 5 VDC power supply with interchangeable plugs (UK/EU/US/AU)
- License for Dirac Live Calibration Tool Stereo for miniDSP (Win/Mac)
- USB cables for Dirac Series audio processor and UMIK-1
- UMIK-1 calibrated measurement microphone
- Microphone tripod stand
NOTE: The Dirac Live Calibration Tools Stereo for miniDSP software is only compatible with UMIK-1 microphone for measurement.
The Dirac Live® license must be activated after purchase. Activate here.
|Digital Signal Processor Engine||Floating-point Analog Devices SHARC DSP|
Internal Processing resolution
32-bit / 96kHz
2 in / 2 out
Audio Input Connectivity
Stereo Digital Inputs: AES-EBU (XLR), SPDIF (RCA)
Audio Output Connectivity
Stereo Digital Outputs: AES-EBU (XLR), SPDIF (RCA)
Input / Output Max Levels
|Calibration Software||Dirac Live® for miniDSP|
|Filtering Technology||Dirac Live®|
|DSP Presets||Up to 4 presets|
|Dimensions||41.5 x 214.5 x 200mm|
|Power||5VDC single supply / 600mA @ 5V
2.1 round plug
|Impulse Response Correction||✔|
|Infrared Remote Learning||✔|
|Room EQ Wizard Support||✘|
Application notes on DDRC-22D
- Dirac Live - Technical description
- On Room Correction and Equalization of Sound Systems
- Getting started with the Dirac Series
The Dirac Series of high-resolution audio processors from miniDSP incorporating Dirac Live® are an advanced hardware/software solution for digital room correction (DRC). In this application note, we'll give a quick run-down on how to use one. We'll assume that you've already obtained your Dirac Live software license and installed the Dirac Live Calibration tool for miniDSP software.
Unbelievable! This unit is the proverbial swiss army knife for home audio. It is the single biggest improvement in audio quality and delivery than any other component upgrade I've ever done. Enthusiastically recommended!Matthew Yearling
In a very acoustically challenging room with tiled floor, asymmetric layout and unequal speaker distances, the end result after a bit of tweaking the frequency window is simply amazing / stunningEdward Hsu
Improvement in soundstage, focus of voices and instruments, timbre improvement, bass evenness and strength. I am no longer lusting for a sub, but will probably try one out out of curiosity
Qobuz>Sonos>Toslink>DDRC-22D>NAD D3020>KEF LS50
The HomeTheaterShack community and the great team behind it goes at great length to review products. Reading from the lengthy but well written technical reviews from Wayne Myers, we can only guess that it too a lot of time and energy to fully evaluate the product.
I can enthusiastically recommend the miniDSP DDRC-22D as a truly Pro-Level DRC offeringWayne Myers from HomeTheaterShack