2x4HD to DDRC-24 upgradeDirac Live upgrade for the miniDSP 2x4HD, provides all the ability of the DDRC-24 with a simple firmware upgrade
This software package is an infield software upgrade to update a miniDSP 2x4 HD unit to a DDRC-24 with Dirac Live support. Please refer to the DDRC-24 User Manual to update your miniDSP 2x4 HD (p.13). Note, this package does NOT include the cost of the miniDSP 2x4 HD platform. It's for existing owner of a miniDSP 2x4 HD platform looking to update to the Dirac Live capabilities.
- Access to our upgrade software tools to update your miniDSP 2x4 HD
- 1 x Full Dirac software license - Requires a UMIK-1 to perform the measurements.
WARNING: The activation of a Dirac Live license is a "manual" process that typically requires 24-48h during "working hours" from Mon-Fri 9am-5.30pm HK Time zone. Thanks for your patience.
About the DDRC-24
The miniDSP DDRC-24 is the world’s smallest Dirac Live® hardware processor. Dirac Live®, the world’s premier room correction solution, is now available in an unbelievably compact hardware unit. Powered by a 400 MHz Analog Devices SHARC processor, the DDRC-24 retains the 4-channel output of its sister unit, the miniDSP 2x4 Hd, in order to allow applications like subwoofer integration or even 2-way loudspeakers together with Dirac Live® room correction in a single tiny hardware platform. The matrix mixer and crossover functionality is accessed and programmed with miniDSP’s easy-to-use interface software. An all in one unit with USB DAC + Dirac Live Room Correction + Speaker processing.
I/O capabilities get an upgrade too, with the addition of USB audio streaming up to 192 kHz and a TOSLINK digital input. The miniDSP DDRC-24 will find application in full-sized hifi and home theater systems, on desktops, in cars, in recording studios anywhere a compact, powerful room correction processor is needed.
NOTE: The DDRC-24 requires a UMIK-1 to perform measurements of the room. Make sure to add it to your selection if you don't already own one.
|Processor||32-bit Floating point Analog Devices SHARC ADSP21489 / 400 MHz|
|Input/output resolution||32 bits|
|Channel count||2 in, 4 out|
|Maximum input sample rate||216 kHz|
|Internal operating sample rate||48 kHz|
Techdata and app notes
Step by step activation
- Start the DDRC-24 plugin if it is not already running. Click the Connect button (towards the top right)
- The following screen will appear:
- Copy Activation Code to Clipboard.
- Send an email message with the Subject line “DDRC-24 Activation Request.” In the body of the email message, paste the activation code.
- You will receive an automated key file (.txt file)
- Click the “Import” button and select the received activation key file to import into the plugin.
- The Connect button will change to show that you are connected to the DDRC-24:
Please make sure to refer to the DDRC-24 User Manual for exact steps.