Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: USBStreamer driver support for Windows 8 (8.1)?

USBStreamer driver support for Windows 8 (8.1)? 6 years 5 months ago #13347

• DorinD
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,
I'm successfully using my USBStreamer in Windows 7 on my old computer (with ADAT firmware). But I'm preparing a new HTPC with Windows 8.1 and just learn that the driver doesn't install at all. My question is when you have in plan to release a new driver for USBStreamer that will work on Win 8 and Win 8.1? Thank you.

Regards,
Dorin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

USBStreamer driver support for Windows 8 (8.1)? 6 years 5 months ago #13388

• DorinD
  • Senior Boarder
No answer after 3 days... :dry:
At least, may I ask you to provide the generic Thesycon driver for Windows 8, maybe I can update it file by file. Thank you.
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by DorinD.

USBStreamer driver support for Windows 8 (8.1)? 6 years 5 months ago #13563

• DorinD
  • Senior Boarder
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by DorinD.

USBStreamer driver support for Windows 8 (8.1)? 6 years 5 months ago #13564

• DorinD
  • Senior Boarder
More than a week and no answer yet to such a simple question. Your hardware seems such non future proof, I don't think if is worth buying. Anyway this one (USB_Streamer) will go to trash if I don't get a Win 8 driver...

Re:USBStreamer driver support for Windows 8 (8.1)? 6 years 5 months ago #13569

• zakman35
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi Dorin,
I dont have a usbstreamer, so I can't help you with win8 drivers, but I would like to know your experience with this device so far.
Pm me if you decide to sell it.

USBStreamer driver support for Windows 8 (8.1)? 4 months 4 weeks ago #47835

• Jp008
  • Fresh Boarder
DorinD wrote:
Hi,
I'm successfully using my USBStreamer in Windows 7 on my old computer (with ADAT firmware). But I'm preparing a new HTPC with Windows 8.1 and just learn that the driver doesn't install at all. My question is when you have in plan to release a new driver for USBStreamer that will work on Win 8 and Win 8.1? Thank you.

Regards,
Dorin

I realize this post is 6 years old, but I have to just say wow.. can't believe this person didn't get any response to this simple question because even the online manual for the USBStreamer B clearly says the driver file name is "miniDSP_UAC2_v4.67.0_2019-08-15_setup.exe for Windows 7, 8, and 10".

That being said, this obviously shows a lack of product support, especially since the miniDSP website also states "a coupon code can only be used ONE time", which means, if you bought this box used on Reverb or eBay, then you wouldn't even be able to use it . This makes it obsolete. Not too smart . Reminds of how Universal Audio handles their product support . Their old PCI cards can't be used with their software more than once. Such a waste..

I'll tell you what this is going to lead to though. It's just a matter of time before these drivers (which in fact does include the control panel software shown in the manual) gets distributed by anonymous people because the manufacture refuses to openly put them on their website (you need a dumb "coupon code", only redeemable once.. pfff). So I would even go as far as saying, if anyone gets a copy of the drivers, upload them everywhere so people can use the damn box - if they bought it used !
Moderators: devteam