Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Standalone UsbStreamer?

Standalone UsbStreamer? 4 months 2 weeks ago #49709

• Druid
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, i want to ask
Can USBStreamer 5v selfpowered work standalone without connect usb to pc?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Standalone UsbStreamer? 1 month 3 weeks ago #51021

• dcsmusic
  • Fresh Boarder
Partial answer to your questions, is found on pg. 7 of the manual: "External 5V DC power can be connected to the USBStreamer via pin 12 of J2." ...

Regarding the main part of your question, can it work standalone? I have the same question. It looks like it depends on the application. The manual goes on to state:

"Supplying 5V DC to this pin will therefore ensure that the USBStreamer remains powered on even when no USB device is connected"

So why would we want to keep it powered on when there is no USB device connected, particularly if it can not be operated in stand alone mode.

Based on the diagrams of the various modes found in the manual it looks to me as though most of the modes would require usb connection to a host device.

I see one potential, albeit partial exception (and this isn't 100% clear in the manual) is that in ADAT_I2S, The Optical receiver is directly mirrored on the i2s header. So it looks like it could be used as a standalone device if you wanted to send an ADAT signal into the optical input and pull it out of the i2s headers.

It looks like most of the configuration of the device is handled in the UAC software, but i'm not sure if settings like clock mode, are persistent once disconnected from a host machine.

That's the best I can do with the literature provided, but I may have missed something, and any clarification from others would be greatly appreciated.

I was looking pretty closely at this device for a project, but inevitably if my above understanding is correct, it just will not serve my intended purposes. (i.e. i need a device capable of being operated in standalone, with GPIO control of the clock functions, and both input and output mirroring from optical to the i2s header.

Cheers!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam