Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Questions about external (ADAT) clock

Questions about external (ADAT) clock 6 months 2 weeks ago #48180

• ochi
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,

I have questions regarding the external clock setting of USBStreamer B. I have two of those devices and I did some testing, but I don't know how to interpret the results.

I have two USBStreamer B devices on two separate machines (Windows), both in ADAT mode. I connected the output of one of them to the input of the other, in order to try to sync the second one to the first one. The first one is set to internal clock, the second one to ADAT clock. The output of the second one is connected to some A/V receiver for me to listen. I don't understand the following behavior:

- When I unplug the cable between the devices, the control software of the second streamer correctly shows that the ADAT clock is invalid. However, the sound continues without a hitch. It doesn't seem to matter at all whether the "synchronization" cable is plugged in or not. How is this possible? Note that the reported clock setting also doesn't switch to internal or anything, it remains on the (invalid) ADAT clock (which is fine, but I don't understand how it can continue to output sound using an unknown clock).

- When I set the first streamer to a completely different sampling rate (which I can do since it is using internal clock), the second streamer continues to show the ADAT clock as 48 KHz no matter what, and continues to play sound. How is this possible? Shouldn't the clock of the first streamer influence the second one in some way?

Best regards
Ochi
Last Edit: 6 months 2 weeks ago by ochi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Questions about external (ADAT) clock 4 weeks 4 hours ago #51456

• Michael_cn
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
same question up.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam