Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: USBStreamer firmware download

USBStreamer firmware download 10 months 4 weeks ago #45172

• arnolievens
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I purchased the miniDsp USB streamer via a reseller, I can’t acces the firmware download.
I created a support ticket but I’ll likely have to wait till monday before I get a reply.

From a customer service perspective this is a disastrous approach.
If you’re selling products through resellers, you should come up with a way to provide drivers 24/7.
I basically bought a brand-new product that is useless until someone manually allows me to download the software.

Is there any way to obtain the firmware sooner? Maybe someone is willing to help me out?

edit:
I found out the "free plugin" coupon code enables me to download the driver/firmware installer (!?)
Also, the "miniDSP_UAC2_DFU_OSX" folder is no longer in the .zip but sill referred to in the manual and the DFU.app doesn't work on macOs 10.15. I would strongly suggest updating documentation.

Best,
arno
Last Edit: 10 months 4 weeks ago by arnolievens.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

USBStreamer firmware download 7 months 3 weeks ago #46828

• renowden
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the edit - that did at least help me to find the firmware.

However, as you say, the latest v6 version does not include the "miniDSP_UAC2_DFU_OSX" folder so doesn't include the "setup.sh" and hence the "xmosdfu" doesn't work. I have tried the "miniDSP USB DFU" app instead but that is not supported on my OS X 10.11 system. Can anyone tell me what used to be in "setup.sh" please - I know unix so will understand it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam