Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Stereo from I2S

Stereo from I2S 1 week 5 days ago #43884

• stanzani
  • Fresh Boarder
My use case is as following
- use a PCM4222EVM as A2D device (inout) to send sereto samples over I2S
- the USB streamer acts as a master clock provider as specified in the documentation
I just downloaded the latest FW so my questio is which firmware should I use for the USB stramer

1. USBStreamer_20180821_drv_4_67\Firmware\I2S_TOSLINK (why two files *ID1 and *ID2 are in the folder? which one should I use)

or

2. USBStreamer_20180821_drv_4_67\Firmware\Stereo (from the documentation I read that these are for client non supporting ASIO drivers so I strongly tend to spouse option 1

Thanks for your reply (if any: las post went desert so I was force to contact support directly)
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by stanzani.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Stereo from I2S 1 week 5 days ago #43885

• stanzani
  • Fresh Boarder
ok I installed USBStreamer_20180821_drv_4_67\Firmware\I2S_TOSLINK
I opened the control panel, seclectin USBStreamer as cloc source
BUT I am prevente to change sample rate (stuck at 48KHz): this is documented in the suer manual so my question is Where am I going to change the sampling frequency? I was thinking that the USBStreamer master clock changes the ref clock frequency depending on the sampling frequing in such a way that the I2S BCK and other control signals rate will change accordingly so I am confused here
Thanks
Last Edit: 1 week 5 days ago by stanzani.

Stereo from I2S 1 week 5 days ago #43887

• stanzani
  • Fresh Boarder
I also see two window drivers installation exe's

miniDSP_UAC2_v2.29.3_ForWinXP_Vista

and

miniDSP_UAC2_v4.67.0_2019-08-15_setup

Supposedly the las one is correct for Win10, right?
Moderators: devteam