Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: USBStreamer Kit Schematics

USBStreamer Kit Schematics 3 days 21 hours ago #42663

Hi,

For a prototype for a customer, I'm using the USBStreamer Kit.
While they were in a demo, the interface stopped working suddenly and the LED doesn't turn on anymore.

I've tested with one I have in-house, and apparently the LED turns on as soon as there is some power on VBUS, so I guess something really wrong happened.

We plan on using this interface for a big stage demo, I don't know exactly what went on, but I need to ensure that this doesn't happen on the big day.

For the post-mortem, I need to analyse the USBStreamer Kit, so I'd like to know if the schematics of the USB Streamer Kit would be accessible, or part of the schematics, with an NDA if required.

Thanks,

Raphael
The administrator has disabled public write access.

USBStreamer Kit Schematics 2 days 43 minutes ago #42712

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 998
@Raphael

unfortunately I'm afraid that we don't provide schematics for any of our products.. :-(
Are you maybe drawing some current from the interface? That could be an issue here..

Start simple, disconnect all external IO and proceed by elimination? Just a thought.

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

USBStreamer Kit Schematics 1 day 23 hours ago #42720

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The customer tested with the card in isolation and the led doesn't turn on, they tried on different computers, different USB ports, checked the ports were working with a mouse.

Can you please at least confirm that the path from VBUS to the led is quite direct, and doesn't go through the XMOS in some way?

Thanks,

Raphael
Moderators: devteam