Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Questions in mchstreamer (I2S, PDM) 2 years 2 months ago #41765

• sodbos
  • sodbos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
We used I2S microphones before, but is has DC offset problem and noise problems. By switching to PDM,
it eliminated these problems, but it seems to not support optical inputs (which was possible in I2S)
In summary, we would like to ask you following two questions:

1. Is there any way to use I2S microphones without DC offset / noise problems? If so, please tell us about
circuit and microphone configurations / specs.

2. Is it possible to use PDM and optical inputs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Questions in mchstreamer (I2S, PDM) 2 years 1 month ago #42069

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1254
@sodbos
Let's see how we can help
- Unfortunately we're not sure what you mean by DC offset.. We're using standard I2S feeds (working with all DAC/ADC we've ever seen) so most likely something specific to your mics.. Did you try to contact the tech support of the MEMS mic supplier? Showing them our clock diagram, they would know better I think..
- Unfortunately we can't fit both PDM and Optical inputs under one firmware.. :-(

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam