Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

using usbstreamer on rpi, need discrete channels 2 years 3 months ago #41351

• dloranger
  • dloranger's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I am trying to figure out the usbstreamer on my raspberry pi3b

I know this can be done in alsa, but I am not competant with alsa plugs, hoping someone can get me going

what I want to do is be able to play out all audio channels independantly of each other. due to the behavior of the application (radio repeater controller, "svxlink") all playout is done asynchronously from one channel to the other so I need to be able to handle that situation as part of the solution.

my solution needs to be headless so no graphical interface is even available on my setup currently.

I have tried many potential asound.conf setups I found online, but I either can't load them or I simply get no sound. I have confirmed the hardware works with aplay.

Does anyone have something like this that I can use as a launching off point?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

using usbstreamer on rpi, need discrete channels 2 years 2 months ago #41412

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1254
@dloranger

Unfortunately we're not very knowledgeable on Linux and would only provide support for Win/Mac but we do know that it should be plug&play with RPI to get the USBStreamer up and running. It sounds like your issue is more at the ALSA/software layer. Best to ask on say ALSA forum on how to do so? i.e. why working with aplay but not others?
There are some sticky here on Linux + USBstreamer: www.minidsp.com/forum/usbstreamer/10128-...nnel-recording-linux

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam