Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Playback latency

Playback latency 6 months 2 weeks ago #40648

• webbbn
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm considering using a USBStreamer in input mode to playback audio through my existing PC 5.1 speaker setup. I would send the audio to the USBStreamer either over three I2S interfaces or one TDM.

First, I would like to make sure this is possible. On Windows can I select 6 of the inputs as a "microphone" source that can play over a 5.1 speaker output? Has anyone tried this and has an idea what the latency is?

Currently I'm just sending raw data over an asynchronous (CDC) USB interface, decoding it, and playing it to the default audio device, which has an estimated latency of 100-200 ms or so. Most of that latency is in the buffering between the USB and audio playback. I'm hoping this device might be able to significantly reduce that latency.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Playback latency 6 months 1 week ago #40768

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1012
@Webbn

Sure, either options will work well.
Did you check out the user manual already? if not, please do. You will see that latency is controlled by the ASIO driver. That's where you will control your USB audio latency (ASIO buffer). Samples x sample rate = latency.

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam