Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: IDC Connector suggestion for USBStreamerKit

IDC Connector suggestion for USBStreamerKit 2 years 5 months ago #37836

Hi,

I have a hard time to find a proper IDC connector for the 2mm pitch J1 pin headers for the I2S lines.

It seems that every connector I have won't fit. I want to make a connector like in the following picture, but as you can see I had to cut in the connector to make it fit, which is far from ideal.

Could you please suggest an IDC connector for flat ribbon cables that I could find on Digikey or Mouser?

Thanks,

Raphael

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

IDC Connector suggestion for USBStreamerKit 2 years 5 months ago #37874

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1172
Hi Raphael

We haven't searched on Digikey/Mouser as we've typically crimped these flat cable. It's an easily task usually especially that you'd only need one connector (I2S header only).Was that an issue?

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

IDC Connector suggestion for USBStreamerKit 2 years 5 months ago #37878

Hi,
We haven't searched on Digikey/Mouser as we've typically crimped these flat cable. It's an easily task usually especially that you'd only need one connector (I2S header only).Was that an issue?

The problem is that every connector for ribbon cable won't fit because of the TOSLINK connectors, so yes this is an issue. The problem also is that I'm already using the two cable assembly MiniDSP provided with the kit. I tried to find those cable assembly, and couldn't find them either.

Thanks,

Raphael

IDC Connector suggestion for USBStreamerKit 1 year 10 months ago #41019

• colinbroad
  • Fresh Boarder
I am testing these units for an application at the moment, if successful I will design and make a conversion board to bring the two 2mm headers out to standard 2.54mm IDC connectors - this seems the easiest way to connect for production

IDC Connector suggestion for USBStreamerKit 1 year 10 months ago #41100

Hi Colin,

This is exactly the direction I took on that matter. I also "keyed" this adaptor to make sure it is not used on the wrong pin header.

In the end it is the most reliable and clean way to do it IMO.

See pictures below:

Hope this will help,

Raphael

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Moderators: devteam