Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: usb streamer with Benchmark ADC1

usb streamer with Benchmark ADC1 2 years 8 months ago #35605

• DougBrasier
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,
My Benchmark ADC1 is supposed to output up to 192k S/Mux 4 but I cannot get any signal from it to my pc via usbstreamer to Adobe Audtion.

Drivers installed fine, Toslink firmware too. No problems. Just NO WAVEFORM ! Benchmark works to output 96k to usb and performs well, but I want 192. HELP :unsure:

quoting from the Benchmark user manual :
"The Optical Output has four modes of operation; AES/EBU, ADAT, ADAT S/MUX2,
and ADAT S/MUX4. The ADAT LED on the front panel is illuminated whenever any of the
ADAT Modes are active. S/MUX2 and S/MUX4 are automatically enabled if required to
support the selected sample rate. S/MUX2 is active at 88.2 or 96 kHz, S/MUX4 is active at
176.4 or 192 kHz. The Optical Output uses what is often called a
TOSLINK, Type FO5, or 5 mm optical connector. The ADC1 USB uses a special high bandwidth version that supports AES/EBU
digital audio at sample rates up to 192 kHz. Please note that many optical inputs cannot
support AES/EBU or SPDIF digital audio at sample rates above 48 kHz, others are limited
to 96 kHz. A few products (such as the Benchmark DAC1) support 192 kHz optical
inputs. Please note that high-bandwidth optical transmitters and receivers are not
required for ADAT, ADAT S/MUX2, or even ADAT S/MUX4."

Is there a problem here that I cannot understand?
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

usb streamer with Benchmark ADC1 2 years 8 months ago #35624

• DougBrasier
  • Fresh Boarder
OK,
Streamer working to receive the 176.4 input now. (Can't seem to get any 192 data). Largely it was found to be the antiquated Adobe Audition 3 software. Using the "Stereo firmware was another necessary step. Audition 6 now in use. Perhaps I should try some further recording software / freeware options, because . . . .

the input data is sonically all over the place, and incredible distortion / confusion in the resulting recorded waveform. I'm hoping its some kind of clock syncing issue . . . pairing up the Benchmark ADC1 AES 176.4 optical output. The Audition recording cursor on screen exhibits really strange backwards/forwards trembling instead of a smooth travel left to right across the waveform part of the window.
Anyone seen this before ??

usb streamer with Benchmark ADC1 - Solved 2 years 8 months ago #35645

• DougBrasier
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes.. Devteam.

Finally working perfectly @ 176.4. I think it had to with Windows> Audio Devices > Recording Devices / Sound dialog > Recording Devices > Usb Streamer > Properties > Advanced >

Where you can set the “Default Format” of recording devices for each device : as 2 Channel, 24 Bit , 176, FO R THE streamer
click apply, click OK and only NOW DO YOU START UP Adobe Audition.

Where you check the Audio Hardware settings in Preferences and make sure both “Release audio Driver” AND “attempt to Force Hardware to Document Sample Rate” are UNCHECKED.

Please note: I cannot get any data throughput at 192. 176 will have to do.

All good will put solution on Forum. In my post. Sounds great now.

Doug Brasier
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam
Moderators: devteam