Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Android stream audio to USBStreamer to MiniSharc

Android stream audio to USBStreamer to MiniSharc 2 years 9 months ago #35190

• rkhill20r
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi All,

First I want to say I searched and cannot find an answer to my question. I have a MiniSharc feeding 3 curryman DACs driving my 3 way open baffle speakers which is sounding great! I want to add an input from my android phone which will be streaming audio. Basically I want to add a USB audio input to my system. I would like that USB audio input to work with any cellphone, tablet or a PC. At a minimum I want to stream audio from an android phone into the MiniSharc. So the question is will the USBStreamer provide this input to the MiniSharc. If not what will?

Thank You in advance for your help!

Best,

Kevin
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Android stream audio to USBStreamer to MiniSharc 2 years 9 months ago #35243

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1155
@ Kevin

A USBStreamer with an OTG cable should indeed do the trick. Android is tricky (lots of various versions) so we can't put official support on the webpage (or promise it would work) but USBStreamer been used with android few times already without any issues.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

Android stream audio to USBStreamer to MiniSharc 2 years 9 months ago #35272

• rkhill20r
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Dev Team. I will build it and report back.

Android stream audio to USBStreamer to MiniSharc 2 years 9 months ago #35285

• rkhill20r
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I received the USBstreamer very fast and all looks great, thanks. Seems easy to set up, only issue is I can not get it to output audio to the TOSLINK output. I am trying to stream from the PC via the USB and I also tried TOSLINK input to the USBstreamer, but still no sound. I can use my systems TOSLINK input fine so I know that works. Also I can see audio is going to the MiniDSP as my default audio device under the windows setup menu.

This seems like an easy setup, but clearly I have something wrong, Any ideas that might help from DevTeam or anyone are greatly appreciated!

~Kevin

Android stream audio to USBStreamer to MiniSharc 2 years 9 months ago #35292

• rkhill20r
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,

I did some more reading of the forum found that I need the "stereo" firmware loaded. I did this and now I can stream from my pc (via the USB streamer out to TOSLINK ) to the TOSLINK input of my system. So that works and is very nice to have!

Sadly when I switched to my samsung 7 edge phone with OTG cable it does not work. DevTeam any ideas to try for the phone?

Best Regards,

~Kevin
Moderators: devteam