Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: USB-STREAMER with 4xDIGI-FP, need AES-EBU

USB-STREAMER with 4xDIGI-FP, need AES-EBU 3 years 3 days ago #33752

• supersteff
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi all

I am looking for an 8 channel USB to AES-EBU interface, to connect a PC with 4xPWR-ICE-125 in the digital domain.

I am curious whether it would be possible to connect 4 DIGI-FB boards to a USB-STREAMER with I2S. I am aware, that some costom cabling is needed, and that there could be issues with inputs election on the DIGI-FB board. I only need AES-EBU connectivity.

Regards from Denmark

Steffen
The administrator has disabled public write access.

USB-STREAMER with 4xDIGI-FP, need AES-EBU 3 years 1 day ago #33765

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1155
@ Steffen

Unfortunately, it's not possible with a USBStreamer to connect 4 x DIGI=FP, but good news! We do have an upcoming platform called U-DIO which will do USB to AES-EBU (bidirectionnal) and will do exactly what you need for your neat all digital setup!

Check out some screenshot of the upcoming datasheet. Stay tuned for user manual in 2weeks.

HTH

DevTeam

This message has an attachment image.
Please log in or register to see it.

miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
Last Edit: 3 years 1 day ago by devteam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: supersteff

USB-STREAMER with 4xDIGI-FP, need AES-EBU 3 years 1 day ago #33776

• supersteff
  • Fresh Boarder
@Dev team

That is indeed good news!

Having the PWR-ICE Amps, it gives me the option of using my PC to do FIR filtering and roomcorrection with Acourate full version!

Overall, more flexibility in the use of the PWR-ICE -amps. I am looking forward to the product.

Will MiniDSP provide the cables to go from DB-25connector to XLR?

Regards from Denmark

Steffen

USB-STREAMER with 4xDIGI-FP, need AES-EBU 3 years 1 day ago #33777

• supersteff
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi again

I just google'd: "DB-25CONNECTOR to XLR AES /EBU" and got a lot of hits with cables in different lengths. So no problem to find the right cable, and no reason for MiniDSP to provide a cable-set, keeping the price low!

Steffen

USB-STREAMER with 4xDIGI-FP, need AES-EBU 3 years 3 hours ago #33791

• supersteff
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi again

Curious about WordClock-synchronisation.

I have been looking for an analog to digital converter for some time and just found the "MindPrint AN/DI Pro". It has AES/EBU out and could be connected to the input-side of the new U-DIO.

Now, I noticed the Mind print has several options for clock-synchronisation, Word-clock.

I guess there is an USB-STREAMER inside the U-DIO, and I think that unit is a Master-Clock. So, would I need to synchronice the MindPrint to input into the U-DIO?

Or in other words, will the U-DIO be equipped with synchronisation-options? Or is that not nessesary?

Regards from Denmark

Steffen

USB-STREAMER with 4xDIGI-FP, need AES-EBU 2 years 11 months ago #33805

• devteam
  • Administrator
@ Steffen

- Yes, we'll indeed provide the cable. It's the same as shown in the picture on the DDRC-88D. It's a dB25 to XLR. If it's not long enough to reach your speakers, simply add some XLR to XLR extensions.

- For synchronization, it will be internal (i.e. USB derived). You won't be able to have an external wordclock I'm afraid. You shouldn't need one since it's one USB interface driving all your speaker.

Devteam

USB-STREAMER with 4xDIGI-FP, need AES-EBU 2 years 11 months ago #33808

• supersteff
  • Fresh Boarder
I understand the U-DIO to be a input/output device.

So i guess the board will generate the clock (master) for the output to my PWR-ICE amps/speakers. That i do understand.

BUT what if I want to connect an AD-converter to the input of the U-DIO. Does the U-DIO adapt to the cklock-frequency of the input-device or does the input device have to adapt to the U-DIO? So it is for inputs that I ask for synchronisation-options, if at all nessesary.

Thank you for all your answers. I am still learning in the digital domain. :)

Steffen

USB-STREAMER with 4xDIGI-FP, need AES-EBU 2 years 11 months ago #34025

• devteam
  • Administrator
@Steff

Asap the user manual will be out, it will provide a LOT more details. Please, a tiny bit more patience.. :-) THanks!
The UDIO will adapt to any input rate. e.g. set project at say 96k recording, any digital stream can be fed to the UDIO (e.g. 44.1~216k)
No sync done as it's reclocked by the ASRC to the rate selected by the computer.

HTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: supersteff
Moderators: devteam