Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: USBstreamer , NUENDO/Cubase, MacOS Sierra

USBstreamer , NUENDO/Cubase, MacOS Sierra 3 years 4 months ago #32292

• hvt
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
USBstreamer in Nuendo / Cubase under MacOS Sierra does not work. When I play sound there is no sound output. When I tried to record I got error message "ASIO driver not loaded".
In El Capitain everything worked okay, also other aplications works OK under Sierra Does enybody know how to make it work? Isn't there any new firmware?
Thanks
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by hvt.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

USBstreamer , NUENDO/Cubase, MacOS Sierra 3 years 4 months ago #32386

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1155
@ hvt
Unfortunately as already mentioned in the tech support ticket you started, we're not sure what could be the reason here.. Maybe you need to reinstall Nuendo/Cubase after the update?

We're not aware of any issues with Elcapitan with USBtreamer. We've been using it fine here for many months so all our customers who've been updating.. Maybe something specific about it.. Odd it's complaining about ASIO though. I thought that under Mac, it wasn't using ASIO (i.e. reserved for Windows). Under OSx Mac, it's USB 2.0 compliant OSx drivers.

HTH

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

USBstreamer , NUENDO/Cubase, MacOS Sierra 3 years 4 months ago #32391

• hvt
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
Problem is only on Sierra, on El Capitan it works correctly. I made clean install of Sierra and after that Nuendo/Cubase and it didn't help. Also tried 2 other Mac's (both with sierra) and it's not working too. (Tried it on MacBook Pro, iMac and MacPro). Problem is only on Steinberg software, everything else I tried worked fine. It looks like that OSX Coreaudio is working fine, but ASIO not...

I found simmilar problem with different hardware and they solve it with new firmware:
support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/...base-8-macOS-Sierra-

Thanks

USBstreamer , NUENDO/Cubase, MacOS Sierra 3 years 4 months ago #32435

• devteam
  • Administrator
@ hvt

Odd indeed. We've never heard of any customer until your case ever having a problem with Mac + USBStreamer... Not sure what could be the case... Asked the engineers and they don't know where to start either knowing the USBstreamer works fine with coreaudio, works fine with ASIO driver under Windows with our driver... Might need to use CoreAudio for now.. :-(

DevTeam

USBstreamer , NUENDO/Cubase, MacOS Sierra 3 years 4 months ago #32459

• hvt
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
So I found out solution, and it's really easy :blush:
I updated Nuendo/Cubase to the latest version and everything started to work again ...
Thanks for your help anyway.

USBstreamer , NUENDO/Cubase, MacOS Sierra 3 years 3 months ago #32505

• devteam
  • Administrator
@ HVT
OK I see.. Glad to hear that you figured it out. -)

DevTeam
Moderators: devteam