Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: I2S capturing in slave mode

I2S capturing in slave mode 3 years 7 months ago #31235

• mismail
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi, we just purchased USBstreamer - Kit version. our main purpose is to capture I2S data from a audio device. But the Manual says it could not be used as a slave mode , below is the manual extract.
There are three clock lines. These clocks are always outputs. The connected circuitry must therefore be set to run in slave mode and accept its clocks from the USBStreamer. (The USBStreamer always runs as clock master; it cannot be set to run as a slave.)

We are stuck now, is there any firmware that could make this work in slave mode? Please help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I2S capturing in slave mode 3 years 7 months ago #31276

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1155
@ mismail

I'm afraid that the USBstreamer indeed doesn't support i2S slave mode recording as the manual says..
Not much of a workaround possible I'm afraid. :-( You'd want to use some I2s to I2s sample rate converter I would guess.

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam