Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: USBStreamer Toslink Input

USBStreamer Toslink Input 3 years 8 months ago #30298

• jcahrens
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
I bought a USBStreamer B for my HTPC. I only need the Toslink Input for Playback of another Device over my HTPC. My Problem is, that with the I2S / Toslink Firmware, the Signal of the Toslink Input is on Channel 9 & 10. Windows can't use this Channels out of the Box. The Stereo Firmware won't use the Toslink Input. Did anybody have the same Problem?

The funny thing about this Problem is, that the Boxed Version of the USBStreamer has no I2S Port without opening the Box. So there are only Toslink Input / Output. On the other Hand is there only a usable ADAT Firmware for a normal Windows System. This can't be right.

Jens
The administrator has disabled public write access.

USBStreamer Toslink Input 3 years 8 months ago #30300

• dreite
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 664
This issue fixed back in July. There's a driver/firmware file in your user downloads area that provides this fix.

Dave.

USBStreamer Toslink Input 3 years 8 months ago #30303

• jcahrens
  • Fresh Boarder
No, it is not.

"This firmware is a stereo input on the I2S In0 Pin and stereo on the I2S Out0 shared with TOSLink Output"

So there is no Input on the Toslink Port.

USBStreamer Toslink Input 3 years 8 months ago #30307

• dreite
  • Platinum Boarder
Ah, yes, sorry about that. There was discussion awhile back on this and I thought I remembered the FW update duplicating on both nputs and outputs.

So, you're not interested in the I2S inputs or outputs (since you want to leave it in the box), and you're not interested in streaming.
You want a stereo only unit TOSLINK in/out unit and your DSP processing will be with a Windows application running on your laptop?

This is possible with the standard firmware loaded....in Windows. I do this myself (with my preferred Windows application) and can select channels 9 and 10 via the ASIO driver on both input and output.

Maybe you can elaborate further?

Dave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

USBStreamer Toslink Input 3 years 8 months ago #30308

• jcahrens
  • Fresh Boarder
Well, like I said. It is only for playback for my HTPC. Windows can't use pin 9 & 10. What would you suggest?

Thank you by the way, that you try to help me!

Jens

USBStreamer Toslink Input 3 years 8 months ago #30310

• dreite
  • Platinum Boarder
Windows can indeed use channels 9 and 10. I just mentioned how I do it. (work around.)

You're not making it clear what your objective is.
What is it you're wanting to do with the USBstreamer? Equalization of some sort??

If you're not interested in the streaming and/or multi-channel capability, then I'm wondering why you've chosen this device.

Dave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

USBStreamer Toslink Input 3 years 8 months ago #30311

• jcahrens
  • Fresh Boarder
Okay. Once again.
I have a HTPC for music and video playback. Now I want to playback from a device with Toslink output. So my HTPC needs Toslink Input (Stereo). Do you know another Audio Device than the USBStreamer with this ability? And only Toslink in- / output? Tell me!
So mainly I need a Toslink Input, that is able to playback Stereo under Windows 10. Without manually loading a DAW Software or something like that. Windows 10 can only playback Channel 1 & 2 out of the Box. What Workaround would you suggest?

Jens
Moderators: devteam