Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: USBStreamer and Emu1616m microdock

USBStreamer and Emu1616m microdock 3 years 9 months ago #29810

• busT
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,
I have two Emu1616m docks. One with cardbus and other with PCI.
I want to use them like usb sound cards, or standalone for converters of two channels with great mic inputs to spdif or AES-EBU..
I look at USBStreamer for solution.
Is it possible to reborn this great product to usb audio with asio? Or just to use standalone controling I/Os from USB?

Thnaks for any advance!
BusT
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by busT.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

USBStreamer and Emu1616m microdock 3 years 9 months ago #29865

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1155
@ BusT

Please correct me if I'm wrong but the EMU1616 you're talking about is this one? www.soundonsound.com/reviews/emu-1616m
It seems to be using some PCMIA adaptor card. I don't think that it's a standard over that RJ45 connector. Most likely their own protocol which the USBStreamer wouldn't understand... (i.e. not i2s)

Devteam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

USBStreamer and Emu1616m microdock 3 years 9 months ago #29910

• busT
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
Yes, product is the same.
My idea is to get inside USBStreamer in a box of microdock device of 1616m. Not to use RJ45. I don't have some deep schenatic of this hardware (1616m) to find details about I2S sources. Maybe is so hard. i want to ignore all the DSP power of original hardware and just to connect some I/Os to USBStreamer. If these I/Os are present in I2S on a board, should be easy.

First Idea was to connect to two anolog mic imputs to SPDIF OUT clocked by SPDIF IN and to have standalone ADC with great mic pres.
But I guess with USBStreamer is possible more.

Thank you!
Regards
busT
Last Edit: 3 years 9 months ago by busT.

USBStreamer and Emu1616m microdock 3 years 9 months ago #29920

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1155
@ BusT

Unless you have schematics of the EMU, I doubt that the statement "If these I/Os are present in I2S on a board, should be easy." is that "easy"... :-) There are some concept of I2S master/slave, clock rate that don't make it as plug&play I would believe..

Anyway, something that would require a scope and some engineering knowledge I think.. (which you might have both).
Not saying it's impossible, just stating the complexity ahead. :-)

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
Moderators: devteam