Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: USB Streamer ASIO in pro setups...

USB Streamer ASIO in pro setups... 3 years 10 months ago #29538

• 0e0
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey I recently bought the boxed USB Streamer B.

I have an RME ADI-8 DS breakout box i use with it. I'm having issues with dropouts from the driver that i haven't had with any other ASIO driver from any other device i've owned (even shitty M-Audio stuff). I'm just wondering if there is a setting i have wrong or if people can share their experiences of getting tight low-latency audio out of this box.

in theory this is a perfect piece of hardware for me right now but i have some setbacks without out of the gate.

I have a windows 8.1 computer with an i7 processor and 12gigs of ram. I'm running audio in a variety of programs (Reaper etc etc) one issue i have is when i'm using certain CPU intensive plugins in reaper (say plugins that operate on 16x oversampling) i get crazy dropouts with this card no matter how much i relax the latency. I haven't had these isssues on the same machine with any other audio product.

would using something like ASIO4ALL be an improvement? i might try this.

also I see there is a huge update bottleneck from thesycon from reading various threads... these guys make good audio drivers:
www.usb-audio.com/

j

0=0
The administrator has disabled public write access.

USB Streamer ASIO in pro setups... 3 years 10 months ago #29546

• 0e0
  • Fresh Boarder
update...after tweaking my system a bit more i managed to get the cpu intensive plugins to work in a few instances with the minidsp.

but this is not ideal I know it's possible for these types of drivers to be able to handle the load i want to give them with usb. furthermore thesycon has actually coded fun diagnostic tools like DPC monitors and stuff so they should have the tightest drivers around..no?

still for the money.. minidsp is an incredible product..

j

0=0

USB Streamer ASIO in pro setups... 3 years 9 months ago #29595

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1155
@ 0e0

We're not aware of a "huge update bottleneck from thesycon", that driver is typically very good.. I wonder if the issue is somewhere else.. e,g, maybe some other software/or use of similar resources..

ASIO4ALL will indeed work out of the box with the USBStreamer. Not a problem! Worth to have a trial.

Devteam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
Moderators: devteam