Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: ADAT 8ch IN / TOSLINK Stereo OUT

ADAT 8ch IN / TOSLINK Stereo OUT 6 years 1 month ago #15551

• Nerve
  • Fresh Boarder
Is it possible to configure in OSX: 8ch ADAT input and Stereo TOSLINK output at the same time?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

ADAT 8ch IN / TOSLINK Stereo OUT 6 years 1 week ago #16127

• Nerve
  • Fresh Boarder
bump

ADAT 8ch IN / TOSLINK Stereo OUT 6 years 1 week ago #16133

• HpW
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
As I understand this device with it's various firmware:

1) SPDIF support
2) ADAT
3) lower sample rates support

each firmware load is exclusive!

this means for you: if ADAT loaded it will deal only ADAT on I/O. This is an usual behavior as seen on other sound cards. May select SPDIF or ADAT and this counts for both input & output.

Hp
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

ADAT 8ch IN / TOSLINK Stereo OUT 6 years 1 week ago #16139

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1155
@ Nerve,

Oops, sorry for missing your post. Please remember to use our tech support ticket system if we ever miss a post (happens knowing we get a lot of daily inquiries sometimes stacking). Tech support ticket is here: minidsp.desk.com

As for your question, HP answer is indeed correct. You can't have ADAT + SPDIF running on the same board.. It's using the same connector.. :-) It's either configuration based on the firmware you've been loading.
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

ADAT 8ch IN / TOSLINK Stereo OUT 2 years 5 months ago #36912

• Ikarus
  • Fresh Boarder
devteam wrote:
You can't have ADAT + SPDIF running on the same board.. It's using the same connector.. :-) It's either configuration based on the firmware you've been loading.

Supposedly, the OP meant connecting ADAT on the input, SPDIF on the output connector. This should be a fairly common use case that I'm also missing. As the ASIO driver does not allow me to use a second audio interface concurrently, using the usbStreamer's output for monitoring the 2ch mix over SPDIF while recording 8ch on the input seems like a natural thing to do. This not being possible is rather unfortunate.

As a workaround for this problem on Windows, you can use the ASIO4ALL driver. With this, you can specify different audio interfaces for capture and playback, which allows you to select the regular windows audio output for 2-channel monitoring along with the 8-channel usbStreamer ADAT inputs.
Last Edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Ikarus.
Moderators: devteam