Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: UMA-8 microphone level too quiet

UMA-8 microphone level too quiet 4 months 4 weeks ago #36196

We got some truble getting decend audio levels from the UMA-8 with the current firmware.
Additionally if we activate the AEC, we get basically zero audio levels while playing sounds over the I2S interface. It seems that the UMA-8 is disabeling all microphone inputs while playback.
We hope you can give us some useful tips.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

UMA-8 microphone level too quiet 4 months 4 weeks ago #36219

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 874
@ UlrichReiser

Odd to hear this.. Knowing there are more than 20settings on that page, would be very helpful to know which settings you've got maybe? :-) e.g. screenshot..

By default the DSP mode should have the gain (latest config file). You should be all set.
The multichannel mode does have lower gain but that's because it's not using DSP. You'll have to gain the signal inside your custom beamforming code.

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

UMA-8 microphone level too quiet 4 months 4 weeks ago #36232

here a screenshot showing our current settings.
Attachments:

UMA-8 microphone level too quiet 4 months 2 weeks ago #36340

We solved our first Problem by increasing the Mic Shift parameter.
But we still have trouble with the Echo Cancellation.
The recorded voice during playback at decent levels results in a stuttery voice recording wich is unusable for speech recognition.
Do you or annyone else have recommended settings to get an amazon "alexa" like behaviour?
We use the I2S of the UMA8 and a Texas Instruments pcm5102 for D-A conversion. The loudspeakers are in close proximity to the UMA-8.

Thank You

UMA-8 microphone level too quiet 4 months 1 week ago #36385

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 874
@ Ulrich

Sorry for missing your post. Please remember that this forum is only for community support (i.e. between customers). IF you need direct help, please contact our support team directly as per header/note above (support - > Contact us). Thanks!

For AEC, not sure what could be the issue. Did you feed the reference via USB to the UMA8?

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: UlrichReiser
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds