Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Stereo out on I2S_OUT_0

Stereo out on I2S_OUT_0 1 week 1 day ago #33319

• Melitta
  • Fresh Boarder
My question is regarding the I2S_Out_0.

Is the I2S operating as Master or Slave?

Can I interface the I2S on miniStreamer to I2S_OUT_0?

In the RAW mode, the unit is advertising as a 8xIN (7 x MEMS + 1 x PDM input), 2 x OUT (Stereo out on I2S_OUT_0 / Pin J3.1). How to decode the audio recording for the 8 channels?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Stereo out on I2S_OUT_0 3 days 22 hours ago #33382

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 709
@ Melitta

The I2S out is Master mode. Unfortunately we've never tested connected to miniSTREAMER...
How to "decode" audio of the raw mode? Do you mind to clarify what you mean? These are just PCM out on the 8 x IN inside your PC. No need to any decoding..

DevTeam
MiniDSP, building a DIY DSP community one board at a time.

Stereo out on I2S_OUT_0 2 days 19 hours ago #33413

• Melitta
  • Fresh Boarder
@dev team

The User Manual stated "RAW mode: 8ch of audio (7ch coming from the MEMS microphone + 1 ch from spare PDM input) are available as raw audio (non processed)..... Note that in RAW mode, the UMA-8 will output the RAW signal from the MEMS without any digital gain ..........."

I would like to capture the raw audio of each microphones. How to capture the raw audio date? Can I use Audacity?
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds