Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
NOTE: This forum is community powered. Please be mindful that long time community members are here to help as part of a community effort. If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure), please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us). Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community. :-)

TOPIC: Can't record audio

Can't record audio 3 weeks 2 days ago #33172

• alx49
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi!

I can't record any audio from my uma8. Audio recorder just stall. Notebook mic works fine. The same situation on other linux machine.

At the same time mic detects sound direction, according to led. I can connect to mic using MicArray tool and Control Panel.

I tried to flash micArray_xvsm_v1.1_Up without success.

Could you help me, where can be problem?a
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't record audio 3 weeks 20 hours ago #33181

• juangomez
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello I've also been working with the Uma 8 on Linux, but Minidsp says that they cant give any support on Linux.... :/
Here you can find their answer:
Tech support team replied:
Hello Juan

unfortunately we don’t provide support for Linux, but we do know that it’s indeed working perfectly fine as quite a lot of our customers are using Linux for their applications.
Check out maybe our app note on how to enable Google Assistant on the RPI. Some hints maybe?
www.minidsp.com/applications/usb-mic-arr...a-8-google-assistant
It sounds like a simple limitation of the ALSA setup on your PC. The UMA-8 is plug&play with ALSA 2 knowing it’s compliant to UAC2.

Hoping this info helps

Best Regards

DevTeam

I'm not flashing the drivers but I'm using the ALSA drivers. Try updating to the last ALSA drivers on your Ubuntu and the using alsamixer or arecord to make tests.

Good luck.
Juan

PD I want to use the windows drivers on a windows computer to be able to update the firmware, but the User Download page doesnt seem to work for me (or others.. we created 3 separate accounts so far). Can you please send me the drivers? :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds