Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: First time using UMIK-1 fail.

First time using UMIK-1 fail. 6 years 6 months ago #12941

• johncheng
  • Fresh Boarder
HI All
Just get my UMIK-1 last week, I am using windows8 and had downloaded REW trying to use it for the first time but fail to detect my UMIK-1. I followed the instruction given in minidsp (UMIK-1 setup with REW) in the setup it mention REW will detect and asking whether want to use UMIK-1 for measurement? I get nothing. even i follow the instruction by changing the sampling rate 48KHz. the REW V5.0 REV17 still using my laptop mic. Please please help. Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Re: First time using UMIK-1 fail. 6 years 6 months ago #12943

• orangeart
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
That's odd. Do you see it in the list of sound devices in windows at all? Or is it in the drop down list in REW?

If it is installing as a device OK then I'd suggest the question should be framed over at the HTS forum for REW. As it would seem to be an REW specific problem.

FYI I use the setup you describe and it work flawlessly. Sometimes the mic doesn't get recognised by the software immediately and I find that I have to start the PC, start REW, then plug the mic in, then leave it (don't click on anything) while it does its thing. Stick to that order and it always work for me.

Stefan

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

Re:Re: First time using UMIK-1 fail. 6 years 6 months ago #12965

• kevanf
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Push the mini usb plug into the mic till it clicks. The first time is quite hard but loosens up later.
kffern
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

Re:Re: First time using UMIK-1 fail. 6 years 6 months ago #12988

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1140
Most likely the issue being here that the USB isn't plugged all the way in. As correctly suggested by Kevanf.

Thanks to Stefan for your suggestions. :-)

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
Moderators: devteam