Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Request for verification attached my measurements.

Request for verification attached my measurements. 6 years 8 months ago #11795

• mantex
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi.

I use your Umik-1 mic and software "Rew" for and to measure my present speakers in my room Home Theather.
I have followed the instructions that you have on your site as to use the microphone Umik-1 together with the program.
I use Denon 4311 as avr for my home theather and i use the HDMI connection to my HTPC for make the measurements with umik-1.
I use Asio 4 as you suggest (Input Nvidia HDMI - Output Umik1) and loaded calibration file for Umik-1.
I follow to setting to 75 db my level of speakers following your indication with generator of pink noise (-12db).).
Now i have make sound spl measures and i put them here exhibits.
I am not a technical or engineer and don't know if the result are normal or if there are some my bugs in the measurement.
Can you help me to indicate some suggestions to the results?
The images are for measure of central speaker (B&W Lcr600 s3 - 150 watt 8 Ohm), front sx (B&W 803 N - 250watt 8 ohm), and my two connected together Subswoofers (ASW 1000 - 120watt for everyone).
I would want to ask other questions but I prefer to resolve the problems and doubts with one question at a time.
Many thanks for your help and forgive mine bad english.

Paul

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by mantex.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Request for verification attached my measurements. 6 years 8 months ago #11820

• mantex
  • Fresh Boarder
Today i have change driver and used Java driver for have same result ad other users of Umik-1.
I attached picture of setup of REW and two photo of a first misure and an average of Spl using java driver and as input Denon Amp throught HDMI 1.4 wire.

I all correct the setup of REW in preference panel?
Can you give me an idea on thing there is of wrong in the two measurements that I have played?
If I don't mistake can use a minidsp (es.minidsp 10x10) that it corrects in automatic way my audio room. Or it needs to also do manually in the case of the purchase of a minidsp combined with my microphone Umik-1 however?
Many thanks to want help me.

Paul

This message has attachments images.
Please log in or register to see it.

Request for verification attached my measurements. 6 years 8 months ago #11834

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1586
Hi Paul, looks like you're off to a good start :) I suggest firstly turning off the Phase and Calibration curves, they are not needed at this time.

Second, your subwoofer measurement looks reasonable. I would suggest perhaps focussing on that initially. You can try using the REW Auto-EQ on your subwoofer? See how that goes.

When measuring the other speakers, set REW to run full range - up to 20 kHz.
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?
Moderators: devteam