Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: souncard calibration assuming umik is on usb?

souncard calibration assuming umik is on usb? 7 years 1 month ago #9852

Hi,

I'm using REW with my umik1, but something seems quite strange to me...

Configuring REW we need to calibrate the sound card by linking the output to the input in order to measure what I would call the "internal souncard noise". But, because the umik is linked directly to the PC, and not on the soundcard itself, I don't see the use of calibration.

Am I wrong, or is there another way to do such calibration using both soundcard output and umik usb input?

Thanks in advance for your help, I'm a newbee, but still can have some logical problems ;-)

Cheers,

Cal
The administrator has disabled public write access.

souncard calibration assuming umik is on usb? 7 years 1 month ago #9853

• john.reekie
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1586
Hi Cal, you don't do soundcard calibration with the UMIK-1. Just plug in and go :)
I am not miniDSP support.

"You must ask the right questions." - Dr. Alfred Lanning's hologram.
-> Have you read the User Manual??
-> Have you drawn and posted a diagram?
-> Have you posted a screenshot?
-> Have you posted your config file?
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by john.reekie.
The following user(s) said Thank You: devteam

souncard calibration assuming umik is on usb? 6 years 8 months ago #11655

• informel
  • Fresh Boarder
john.reekie wrote:
Hi Cal, you don't do soundcard calibration with the UMIK-1. Just plug in and go :)

Calibrating the sound card does not make sense because we are not using the input from the sound card, but we are using the output from the sound card and I am pretty sure it is not ruler flat across the spectrum, but there is no way to mesure the output only (unless you have access to intruments)

souncard calibration assuming umik is on usb? 6 years 7 months ago #12110

• deChrLam
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Good point informel,

I use really cheap USB Sound device which has Toslink built in. www.delock.de/produkt/61961/pdf.html?sprache=en
You will need a DAC, but if you already have one then this is the best solution and also a great solution for nanoDIGI users
Moderators: devteam