Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.

TOPIC: Re: UMIK max cable length.

UMIK max cable length. 7 years 9 months ago #7477

• zakman35
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,
i would like to purchase a UMIK but i would like to know what is the maximum length of usb cable that it can be used with.

For example in my setup i need apporx 5 meters of cable length between the mic and my pc.
Is this doable with UMIK?
Do i need to by a special in terms of quality usb cable?
Will this effect mics calibration?

Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: UMIK max cable length. 7 years 9 months ago #7491

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1155
Hello,

USB cable length depends on the quality of the cable but I don't think it would be a problem for 5m. If it does become a problem, you'd need to get a USB extender which are commonly used to extend over long distance. In either way, there won't be an effect on the mic performance. If the USB cable is too long, it will have too much of a DC voltage drop over the cable which will prevent the mic to be powered. That's the extend of it.

Hoping this info helps

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: devteam