Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

UMIK-1 very low input level 3 weeks 3 days ago #62628

• Calodoucas
  • Calodoucas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I’m having trouble with the UMIK-1. I can’t get a sufficient input signal to take a successful measurement. The recordings made using the UMIK-1 are extremely quiet and in fact too quiet for any of my measurement software (REW, HAF measurement tool) to register. I have tried 3 separate computers iMac 27” 2020, MacMini M1 and a Macbook Pro 2013. All have the same outcome. I have tried 3 separate cables. I have used the supplied calibration file. MiniDSP support is not getting back to me. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

UMIK-1 very low input level 2 weeks 2 days ago #62721

• JMaurer
Did you ever figure out the issue that was causing this? I’m running a MacBook Pro and having the exact same issue. Dirac has a very faint signal, I’d have to be at +10db with the gain on the mic at +20 to get the same signal I get from the factory supplied mix with the receiver. Then when I use REW the spl meter is 7-8db high and I’m using a umik1 that has a calibrated file specific to that mic. 🙄

UMIK-1 very low input level 2 weeks 2 days ago #62722

• Calodoucas
Unfortunately this is still unresolved. Support are being very unresponsive. 

UMIK-1 very low input level 2 weeks 2 days ago #62723

• JMaurer
Yes I’ve interacted with support a couple times but they just kept telling me the same thing. They’d tell me to change certain settings that I already said were changed and then when I replied and sent screenshots of those setting being setup properly they just said to turn said settings on that we had already discussed and I showed them they were on. lol. They were beginning to confuse me. Dirac has looked over my settings and said it has to be the mic because my settings are right. It’s rather annoying because the whole reason I bought the mic for was to use instead of the factory mic and here I am still using the factory mic. 😂

UMIK-1 very low input level 2 weeks 2 days ago #62724

• Calodoucas
Sounds like we’re dealing with the same support person 😉

I’m thinking of buying a Dayton Audio UMM-6 from Amazon to compare and hopefully pinpoint the issue. I can always return the Dayton if I get similar results. I’m thinking if the Dayton works as expected it will prove there is an issue with the UMIK. 

UMIK-1 very low input level 2 weeks 1 day ago #62726

• JMaurer
Definitely sounds like a good way to rule it out. Never thought it would become an issue to get a mic to work properly lol

• Page:
Moderators: devteam