Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

UMIK-2 for Dirac Live? 4 months 2 weeks ago #58470

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 397

I actually just dug out the mike and got them from the cloud, see attached. Appreciate it!

Jan

File Attachment:

File Name: umik290deg...0deg.txt
File Size:10 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: umik20degc...1003.txt
File Size:10 KB

Thanks. Below is a graph showing my UMIK-1 responses as dotted liines and your UMIK-2 responses as solid lines. Am I reading it right that you downloaded the files you shared from the miniDSP site today? I'm just asking as I know there was some error with the early released calibration files that was subsequently fixed, so making sure what this graph shows the corrected UMIK-2 response.

What matters for Dirac Live measurements is the difference between the responses between the two directions, and actually seeing this comparison there is not that much difference between the UMIK-1 and UMIK-2, and it's still all above 1 kHz. Interesting.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: tmorrowus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

UMIK-2 for Dirac Live? 4 months 2 weeks ago #58471

• jan.didden
  • jan.didden's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
Yes I downloaded less than an hour ago. What I find interesting is the difference at the low end. I would think that capsule size didn't have a lot of impact there.

Jan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ultrasonic

UMIK-2 for Dirac Live? 4 months 2 weeks ago #58473

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Yes I downloaded less than an hour ago. What I find interesting is the difference at the low end. I would think that capsule size didn't have a lot of impact there.

Jan

Agreed, which was actually why I checked when you'd downloaded the files since I believe part of the initial issue was in the low frequency region. 

UMIK-2 for Dirac Live? 4 months 2 weeks ago #58476

• Ultrasonic
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Actually, checking back it seems that it was a high frequency issue fixed early on in terms of new calibration files, whilst the low frequency issue was fixed via a firmware change rather than a calibration file change:

www.minidsp.com/forum/umik-questions/180...ifferent-from-umik-1

Last edit: by Ultrasonic.

UMIK-2 for Dirac Live? 4 months 2 weeks ago #58581

• SteveW
  • Thank you received: 0
Is it possible to use alternative mics for DIRAC Live? I have a earthworks M30 and was thinking of a pairing with thr MOTU M4. 

Would the M30/M4 pairing work as well as the UMIK2?

Thanks!
Steve

• Page:
Moderators: devteam