Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2 UMIK-1's with REW on MAC 6 months 3 weeks ago #57493

• LaurenceC
  • LaurenceC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I've purchased a pro license of REW for multiple reasons. One, to support the project. Two, to have the ability to have multiple mics. 

I have (2) UMIK-1's and both are directly connected to the Mac. I've setup a aggregate in order to be able to obtain readings from both mics in REW. The problem is that the mics have the same name and in my case, only one has a serial number when querying in the terminal. The other is just 000-000. This becomes a problem when trying to apply the cal file to the proper mic. Not to mention, not sure how REW handles the devices when they have the same name. If it's by serial number, that would be inconsistent for some people who have the zero's. If it's by name, that just won't work since they have the same name. Port number is better, but the user would need to make sure to always use the same port.

Is there a better way to use both mics in REW? Any software or hardware to pull both mics in and assign left and right for each mic? Something to make it easier or possible to assign different cal files per mic?

Is there a tool or something to change the device name from Umik-1 to something human readable to identify the correct mic? Having the ability to change the mic name would be the easiest.

On a side note, I also noticed that one mic is showing about 10-15db difference while taking measurements. The curve however, it pretty in line with each other. Any reason for that?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam