Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How to apply EQ curve to DAW using ASIO 7 months 2 weeks ago #57197

• MatiasMonteagudo
  • MatiasMonteagudo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello :)

Windows user here. I have a 5900X based muscle machine with Genelec 8040a and two TASCAM interfaces. (2x2HR and 16x08)

I just ordered an UMIK-2

I understand how EQ APO works, used it before. So I'll do that with the Window Sound driver for my interface that plays system sounds. (youtube, system sounds, video players etc...)

Now...after measuring, how do I apply the compensation EQ curve in a DAW running ASIO? ASIO bypasses windows system sound (directsound) so I assume I need an EQ plugin (loaded in the master) that can read the compensation curve.

Any recommendation about an EQ that does that?

EDIT: Found out about Dirac Live plugins. Is that the only/best option? Kinda sucks if so cause it would mean paying 250 Euro on top of the money I paid for the UMIK-2

EDIT2: Found out about Convolver. This starts to look better. Is Convolver good?

EDIT3: Seems I can export the REW EQ curve as an IR I can use in any convolution plugin. Is that the case?
www.avnirvana.com/threads/rew-eq-to-vst-plug-in.5929/

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MatiasMonteagudo.
  • Page:
Moderators: devteam