Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Here is the place to share your questions/comments about your setup of the UMIK-1 USB measurement microphone

NOTE: This is a "Community" forum. Please be mindful that community members are here to help as part of a community effort. We therefore appreciate your effort in keeping this forum a happy place!

If you have a specific issue (e.g. hardware, failure) and want help from our support team, please use our tech support portal (Support menu - > Contact Us).
Thanks a lot of your help in making a better community.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

UMIK 1/2 Mac M1 1 month 3 weeks ago #56761

• ThierryNK
  • ThierryNK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

I have a quite "old" Umik1, I have the calibrations files

I now have a MacBook Air M1, OS X Big Sur

I use REW (last "beta" version)

I have some troubles:
  • Everything or nothing works from time time: I have to disconnect/reconnect UMIK1
  • UMIK1 changes from 18 dB gain to 30 dB gain when this happens, next day it is back to 18 dB gain
  • I did not succeed to open the back of Umik1 to check the dips. It seems impossible to open it without destroying it
  • When I succeeded to make measurements, they are OK
  • I do not know if my Umik1 is defective or if this a side effect of M1 chip/Big Sur
  • I do not have any other computer to check UMIK1.
I have bought a UMIK2: no problem at all.

Any clue?

Thanks
Thierry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

UMIK 1/2 Mac M1 1 month 3 weeks ago #56792

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1300
@Thierry

This is very odd indeed.. Not sure what it could be as we tested with M1 fine here all products/plugins. 
This being said, how about using the UMIK-1 on another platform (e.g. PC) to see if it's a hardware issue? That would be the easiest I think. 

Have you tried to install an older REW version? Latest beta maybe has some issues? 

Feel free to start a support ticket if you have some hardware issues. That's the official support channel (support.minidsp.com) 

DevTeam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

UMIK 1/2 Mac M1 1 month 3 weeks ago #56801

• ThierryNK
  • ThierryNK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi

Yes this is quite odd.

I do not have a PC to make some tests. I will be able to make some tests with a colleague on older MacBooks, but not before several weeks.

REW "beta" is mandatory for Big Sur, and "regular" version is 3 years old.

If you have some advice to open UMIK1, it seems it would be the first thing to do. I already read some threads about it, but I did not succeed to open it, and Ialready made some heavy scratches.

Do I need to open a support ticket to get advices about opening UMIK1?

Best regards
Thierry

UMIK 1/2 Mac M1 1 month 3 weeks ago #56817

• devteam
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1300
Not sure what it could be in this case knowing that we use the UMIK-1/2 on our M1 fine.. :-( Most likely something to be investigate together under a support ticket. 

Pls open a support ticket. That's the official mean of support as stated before. :-)

Devteam
miniDSP, building a DSP community one board at a time.

• Page:
Moderators: devteam